Drum Corps Tattoos

no doubt...my own first (and so far only) tat was on the upper arm...not an OVERLY sensitive spot, although up by the ball of the shoulder there were a few moments...i watch "Miami Ink" with a whole different viewpoint now!

How old was the tat when the pic was taken? Looks like your skin is still a bit angry...same day??

It was the same day. I've had it touched up since. The artist usually had a light hand, but this one he got heavier with. When he did the Spartan logo (earlier in thread) on my chest he didn't draw much blood. This one bled pretty well. Looks nice though, and I trust him, he does good work.

Edited by Phirefenix

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got my Waldo (BAC) Tattoo on my ankle. I got it 10 years ago in the middle of tour.

I go in Saturday to get my left sleeve started. Im going to be filling the spaces between already existing tattoos. Then in a few months I will start working on my right one.

And at some point this summer, I might get myself a nice KK tattoo. Once we get them off and running!

My Lower Back Blue Stars Tat was the 4th Tattoo I've gotten...and the most painful by far...it covers up an older one (jewish star) that wasn't done so well. But regardless, I am enjoying my newfound tattoo it's beautiful.

Yay!

My Lower Back Blue Stars Tat was the 4th Tattoo I've gotten...and the most painful by far...it covers up an older one (jewish star) that wasn't done so well. But regardless, I am enjoying my newfound tattoo it's beautiful.

Yay!

Mir, it's a better coverup than the LAPD ($1 to Pimp Ink Tattoos....who had that as an ad slug on their banner the day I got mine)

Wasn;t the spine area fun???

• 10 months later...

hmmm, if i age-out of SCV I'd get a tattoo.

on the inside left ankle, right where the sock tanline usually forms, I'd have the Vanguard star with the "V" inside, but in script continuing from the V I'd have "anguard". Then (since I play bass drum) I'd have a bass clef curving over the top right of the "d".

How do tattoo artists usually react when you bring your own designs in?

hmmm, if i age-out of SCV I'd get a tattoo.

on the inside left ankle, right where the sock tanline usually forms, I'd have the Vanguard star with the "V" inside, but in script continuing from the V I'd have "anguard". Then (since I play bass drum) I'd have a bass clef curving over the top right of the "d".

How do tattoo artists usually react when you bring your own designs in?

Nice design!

Most artists I know have no problem with you bringing in your own design....so long as you are aware that the skin medium is FAR different then paper or a canvas....the artist has to consider the effects of aging skin, sun damage, etc....and there are some things that they can;t do because it'd be too much small detail and not be clear.

My suggestion is to bring in your drawing, give the artist an idea of WHY you want the tat, and then work WITH the artist to finalize teh design....be flexible....it's gonna be on you forever, and a good tattoo artist is worth teh time.

I know my parents would never sign for one until after I turn 18, but I would love to have this put on my lower back when I get one...

DSC04104.jpg

It's the Autumn Leaves patch that was sold starting in the 05 season and I think it would make a really cute tatoo. I know one of my friends is getting 4 leaves for each year he marches, but I think that would be a little difficult with 6 of them... :P

And yeah, that's my cell background now...:blink:

What do y'all think?

Don't do it honey your just to pretty to disfigure your self , if thats your pic in the avatar . Besides that when you get

older that tatoo is gonna look like crap ! Your are beautiful now but later on in life if you happen to spread out a little guess what that leafy thing will too and if you loose the weight guess what that leafy thing is going to be all wrinkled up and I'm

not kidding either ! Think long and hard before you do this . If your going to be rebelious please do it in some other way

thats not so freakin permanent !!!!!!!!!!!!! <**> :laugh: <**> :blink::blink: ^0^

coolest drum corps tattoo ive ever seen was in....06 (i think) at the bensalem, PA show. someone in scv had the vanguard shield ripping through his skin, i think on his back. really hardcore looking.

Hey, this gave me an idea...how cool and extreme would it be to put bones thru our noses, stretch our earlobes about 6 inches, notch our ears, stretch our necks with piled-up metal rings, bind our feet, and cut designs into our skins that we rub dirt into to create raised scarring...(did I miss any)?

But wait - would it still be cool, extreme, rebellious and "independent" if everyone did it??

Man your are to cool , :laugh: got to luv ya ! b**bs Edited by rudi man

Man your are to cool , :laugh: got to luv ya ! Whats up with these dipstick kids ? :blink:

I know... kids these days. Nothing like it was back when I was a youngster. We knew everything, and never did anything rash or impulsive that might later be called foolish. We were just more mature back then, and basically better all-around people.