BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Intellect, I can figure it out, without all the definitions... :rock: :sshh:

This argument is old.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

No, I don't know which chart, but I'm a HUGE Ellis fan so it doesn't really matter to me. I wonder who'll get the 4-valve flugelhorn solo?? :)

We listened to the "internet song" during stretch one morning, finals week-ish. Funny stuff.

The write-up is NOT too confusing. Give me a break. Like its original to be the first person every year to "point out the faux-intellectualism and excessive diction" in show announcements. There's four paragraphs. If the supposed overcomplication and pretentiousness of writing too much about the show DOES exist, then just don't read the few sentences in the first paragraph, then you're pretty much set. Some composers, and a camp announcement. Yay.

Is there even an argument going on? There really isn't much to argue about here. I'm looking forward to hearing which pieces; with the composers chosen, there's some great material to put together an incredible show.

I just don't need the long drawn out Websters definition explanation, that's all I was saying.

Oh and for the "argument" I was referring too was oh never mind..it's not important.

Edited by Lancerlady

Look I got it, thanks for checking. I understand it perfectly fine, I am just expressing my dislike for the long drawn out explanation. Am I allowed to do that here?

Geez, it's just drum corps for goodness sake.

and by the way, I am a Bluecoats fan....

Madison & BC: Benoit

BD & Madison: Don Ellis

Boston, Glassmen & BC: Morricone

Crossmen & BD: Pat Metheny

Suncoastsound & BC: MacDermot

Best of Drum Corps Composers show!

Glad we get to hear Pat Metheny again too!!!!!! :)

Suncoast Sound and MacDermot? Care to ellaborate?

I think part of the long-ish explination was also to explain the title... after the announcement I mentioned 'connexus' to a friend, told him it combined the words 'connection' and 'nexus' and immediately we had to look up the definition of 'nexus'... plus dave probably elaborated on things somewhat to prevent saying things twice ^OO^ hehe

And hey Detch... I fixed it for you: It is about connections, enough said (count them theres 6)