Vanguard Camp Pictures

A friend of mine from the Reveries/NorthStar was out on the left coast visiting a few 2-7 alums this past camp. He said there were 50 snares trying out. I don't know if that's normal for their battery, but that's unbelievable.

I'll have to ask him for other information and more numbers...

geez nancy, they "only" had about 150 horns. wow, wish we had that in our day.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone who was there tell if Nick Williams was there or not? I find it odd that Key Poulan was doing all the brass stuff in the pictures and videos.....

He was there.

geez nancy, they "only" had about 150 horns. wow, wish we had that in our day.

Yes, you're right, that would have been unreal to have 150 people trying out for the whole corps, I can't imagine just for the hornline - WOW!!! :P

Mike also saw Terry K. and Mike P. (rhymes with "urkel)

was the brass turnout as small as it looks in the pictures? I can see the video only getting audio.

there was a pretty good "local" turn out (california) and over-all was a good weekend. i stopped in a couple times just to see and listen.

the pictures dont show all the returning vets and there was a few others that were not able to make the tryouts at the weekend that sent in videos.

Just curious, maybe it being a holiday weekend had something to do with it? It is the most expensive time of year to travel.

They have more try outs on December 16, 17, and 18th.

phantom didnt have a problem getting what, 600 i think they said? i bet the Cadets didnt have a problem either...