Undefeated Seasons

2003 Cavaliers finished in 2nd in 5 shows (Indianapolis, Allentown, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals). Not as familiar with other years, but I would guess there are quite a few 2nd or even 3rd place finishers with a similar season..

Yeah, the 2004 Cavaliers were closer to being undefeated than the 03 corps.

3 losses - Louisville, Murfreesboro, and Indy.

in the AL/VFW days, anyone besides cavies 61 go all the way that we know of?

there is a possiblity that St Vincent's Cadets of Bayonne may have in the 50's but man it is really hard to research!!!!! The won VFW nationals quite a few times but there just isn't a lot of scores from back then

there is a possiblity that St Vincent's Cadets of Bayonne may have in the 50's but man it is really hard to research!!!!! The won VFW nationals quite a few times but there just isn't a lot of scores from back then

From Steve Vickers' Drum Corps World, "A History of Drum & Bugle Corps, Volume 2 "

" From 1950 through 1954 St. Vinnie's lost only two contests ( one of which was questionable ). They went three years in a row without a single loss. From 1946 through 1956 they won nine VFW National titles--one year they didn't go."

In 1951 and 1952 they won the round robin, VFW & AL National & NJ State titles, the only corps ever to do so.

In 1982, St. Vincent's Cadets became the first junior corps inducted into the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame as the " Junior Corps of the 1950s. "

We hail from old Bayonne.........................

what about magic 02? i thought they were undefeated in division II?

Which I don't think should count. They should NOT have been in division II that year, they just had to be because of DCI's rule. Kept Cap Reg from getting their first title.

...yeah, ok, so maybe I'm a little upset about that. Wonder why...

From Steve Vickers' Drum Corps World, "A History of Drum & Bugle Corps, Volume 2 "

" From 1950 through 1954 St. Vinnie's lost only two contests ( one of which was questionable ). They went three years in a row without a single loss. From 1946 through 1956 they won nine VFW National titles--one year they didn't go."

In 1951 and 1952 they won the round robin, VFW & AL National & NJ State titles, the only corps ever to do so.

In 1982, St. Vincent's Cadets became the first junior corps inducted into the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame as the " Junior Corps of the 1950s. "

We hail from old Bayonne.........................

thanks Tommy! I knew someone would know

I did want to say in my original post, that SCV is the ONLY corps to be in ALL DCI finals :blink: ....I think that's quite an accomplishment. I think it's right up there with an undefeated season....:blink:

I know, I'm :OT: but I wanted to state that! And I know that most everyone knows....but I said it anyway! :blink:

• Like 1

It could happen.

I would absolutely love that! Let's hear it for Phantom Regiment having an undefeated season in 06!! ^OO^ ^OO^