Pioneer

actually, I consider myself to be an ultra-conservative independent (which leaves very few political options unless one wants to belong to a party with about a dozen members), but that's a discussion for a different forum.........

lol im just busting you.... im a dem, but i'm not the kind who devotes their blind faith in their party,,, take 2000for example.. i was john mccain all the way...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't debate with you. It's just like swearing in uniform or saying how you don't like someone's show around the people that march there with your corps jacket on. Maybe you were never taught to show respect while wearing corps attire, if this is the case you cannot be blamed, can you?

I won't debate either. Whatever. Sorry if I upset you or anyone else. I don't hate pioneer or you. And if you want to call me on corps ethics, go right ahead. It's just drum corps. And I can have my own opinions. How many more apologies do you need?

That, and I don't have my corps jacket on. This isn't the same.

Edited by SCVsopAaron

The plot thickens. It's a Kennedy thing isn't it? :P

Hey, you may be onto something.

Kennedy was Irish, wasn't he?

Maybe Pioneer could do a JFK show.

They could construct a grassy knoll prop, and get a buxom blonde "guest performer" a la Madison to be Marilyn Monroe (or was it RFK she supposedly had an affair with... or was it both of them??)

Hey Pioneer, hang in there and go where your vision leads you. Above all, have fun!

best post in the whole thread

I'm pretty sure some people like Glassmen's shows. In fact, one of my good friends is a huge Glassmen fan.

Just to clear up something, I never mentioned Glassmen and have not edited that post to remove Glassmen from it and I am not saying I was talking about Glassmen. Kind of makes me wonder why you all assumed that was who I was talking about. In my opinions Glassmen have some great things going on in their organization.

Anyway, to give you all a little history of Pioneer, Thunderbolts joined the Imperials of St. Patrick, so Imperials were more or less taking Thunderbolts under their wings. Then the corps became "The Thing" (with huge yellow jackets and all) and after a couple of years (maybe only one year) the name Pioneer was selected, thus their emblem being a shamrock with a lightning bolt through it. And with the new name they mostly went with the traditions of the Imperials of St. Patrick, thus the Irish music.

Actually I believe that while they were "the Thing" they didn't even play Irish music, someone that knows more may be able to clear that up for me, so that may be the exception of the irish of Pioneer.

So Pioneer isn't an "irish" kind of name, but the heritage, traditions and history of the corps is irish.

Very few corps still stick to traditions like Pioneer has (I am not saying they are the only sticking to traditions, Scouts and Cavies stick to their all male traditions (for the most part) to name a few). You may not like Pioneer's traditions and that is ok, they are not the corps for you, move on. I will make the assumption that if Pioneer did a none Irish show next year, they would get just as many people bashing them for not sticking to tradition, probably more.

Edited by jbenburton

It's just drum corps.

and you're just on a drum corps forum.

~>conner

I won't debate with you. It's just like swearing in uniform or saying how you don't like someone's show around the people that march there with your corps jacket on. Maybe you were never taught to show respect while wearing corps attire, if this is the case you cannot be blamed, can you?

And this my friends is why I marched Pioneer and did not think of any other corps. This for me is Pioneer. This is why I wanted to be there.....that + I LOVE Irish music. Pioneers have Class. Maybe that is an idea for a new threat.....I don't like .........(insert corps name), since they don't have class.....but I will not participate in that threat as I was raised in Pioneer......