Blue Devils 2006 Repertoire

thats so stupid. tribute shows are horrible. im glad BD hasnt fallen into that yet, unlike some other top 5 corps i can think of

Welcome to the board, rookie. I've been guilty of the same thing, so I'm no saint, but let me point out as a courtesy that we try to temper our language here a little. You may not mean to be insensitive by saying "stupid," but it does offend people. Respect. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think a show like this based on a Hurricane is such a good idea. The New Orleans idea is good but you have to remember, New Orleans wasn't the only place that was demolished from this Hurricane. People forget about the Gulf Coast for some reason.

But anyway...I don't think people need a reminder. I know I've been through 4 Hurricanes and I wouldn't want to see a drum corps show based on it.

I would agree... though I think a New Orleans themed show would work well for BD (and for their current uniforms), a theme show IMHO would be a dissaster show. If I'm not mistaken, Cadets 2002 wasn't that big of a hit, despite the message it was (to my understanding) suppossed to give.

I would agree... though I think a New Orleans themed show would work well for BD (and for their current uniforms), a theme show IMHO would be a dissaster show. If I'm not mistaken, Cadets 2002 wasn't that big of a hit, despite the message it was (to my understanding) suppossed to give.

That was odd I'm pretty sure they got the loudest applause that night give or take their compared to the Cavaliers that night. Their loudest ovation wasn't the end of their show rather it was at the end of Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. I guess if they just played something along BWBB instead of the whole patriotic schpiel they could have gotten a party in the stands the entire show.

The show they are going to do. Is better than a tribute.

It's probably the best BD show in 10 years......

I do know what it is...and I can't tell anyone.

How'd you find out Andrew? It's not like Rick Odello's your DAD or anything... :P

Hmm, I don't really see how it would be a bid for pity, but in any case it's certain that referring to Katrina in the show would be, at best, very difficult to pull off tastefully and would inevitably be seen by some as exploitative and trivializing. Although I was thinking mostly about the music book in my original post, on thinking further about the visual program it seems to me that there would be no way of making any visual references whatsoever that wouldn't just be awful and tacky.

Besides, referring to Katrina directly would be unnecessary--the act of doing a New Orleans show would in itself have layers of meaning in 2006 that it wouldn't have had previously. And collecting for the Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, etc., at the souvie booth would still be a nice touch (forgot to mention that in my original post).

In any case, I'm glad there seems to be general agreement that the music of New Orleans would be a natural fit for the Blue Devils.

Blue Devils in 3 Parts with a Hurricane...Before, During and After

Yowza! :P