Blue Devils 2006 Repertoire

Sounds great.

Until then, quit playing with us, ok? :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go buy the music now and listen to it because I have never heard it. :lol:

Yes, I too know what it is. Maybe they will announce something after the brass camp this weekend.

Edited by azscvfan

In that case, what's "yowza" in Spanish? ^0^

Edited by Galen

I think it has a high probability for offense, especially being so close time-wise to the Event. If any one has ever heard the Light Eternal, it is a tribute to the The Luscitania, a brittish luxury ship torpedoed in WWI. It has a sinking scene in it complete with a percussion explosion. It doesn't seem at all tacky, but a lot of time has passed since that event. In my opinion, just a plain old New Orleans themed show would be the best. Most shows have a natural rise and fall in them anyway, that could still be interpreted as before, during and after.

As someone in South Louisiana with family and friends that have lost family, friends and homes/lives......A 'music of New Orleans' show would be great. That's how we want to remember our home, not as a water filled disaster. New Orleans has a rich musical heritage that we are trying to retain/reboot. Having a top notch corps pay tribute to Preservation Hall and Harry Connick, JR and too many to name musicians would be a real class act. Anything other than that seems like a cheap ploy for pitty votes/scores.

As someone who was living in Southeast Louisiana, lost 2 businesses, and lived through both hurricanes this year, I wouldn't advise on doing a show on Hurricane Katrina or Rita UNLESS it was from a corps who was affected by the storms. It's still not over in the Gulf region. I actually had to move to California for work...

That being said, " Do a show on New Orleans!" That would be cool.

It is for sure "Old School" Dev's. The way it should be. Makes me think back to 96/97.

"Old school"? 96/97?

LOL!

Old school would be returning to the style of the 70s and/or 80s. The 90s don't qualify as "old school"!

As for the comment about potentially winning a ring...haven't all Devil's shows had such potential?

Edited by ssorrell