Phantom Regiment faces $367K lawsuit

Murph

Phantom might have to tighten the old belt for a few years. :huh: Maybe they should tour closer to home and get more local support by recruiting more people from their region. :) There is no shame in that game. :music:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know...Oprah is not far from Rockford ...I wonder if any P-R ppl have tried to hit her up for a donation?

How about operating within a reasonable budget? Case in point, fuel prices. Common sense would dictate that a corps 2006 budget for diesel fuel should be set at $4.00 a gallon. Not $2.50, and start begging for donations on tour in mid-July.

Phantom might have to tighten the old belt for a few years. :huh: Maybe they should tour closer to home and get more local support by recruiting more people from their region. :) There is no shame in that game. :music:

No ring in that approach tho'. :huh:

After all remember how detrimental the DCM model was to Div 1.

I believe I should quit while I still have posting privileges. :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

Because of the legal action, we're not able to comment on specifics of the lawsuit at this time.

We certainly are doing everything we can to resolve this matter, and we ask for your support.

Greg Newell

Vice President

Phantom Regiment

You most definately have our support! I'm going to buy some more DVD's or something that's what we all should be doing.

I just pray this will work out for y'all.

Besides if y'all read the article instead of attempting to speculate the article said this happened before the new board took over, in the 90's, I'm sure the board knew what was going on and was probably in the process of working out this problem anyway.

Good Luck Phantom, I have a feeling everything will work itself out. :) I'm sure they have a lawyer and a settlement will be reached where payments can be made to the bank (hopefully) to pay off the loan.

Edited by Lancerlady

No ring in that approach tho'. :huh:

After all remember how detrimental the DCM model was to Div 1.

I believe I should quit while I still have posting privileges. :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

:music:

The hard fact of the matter is that organizations like drum corp, nonprofit sport organizations,and other youth and social activities are all in jeopardy under the present system we now suscribe to. Unlike years ago, when organizations like drum corp would have been thought of as a benefit to the community that were building character and structure for our youth, it is no longer looked at in that vein. There is no consideration any longer,and no support either financially or morally from any of our governments, be it state ,or national

Lets face it ,there is not any consideration from tax people that they are ending the participation of 500 young people (velvet knights-Troopers,and others) from character building activities because of some miniscule amount of money on the grand scale. If anything, the government should have been contributing to these organizations rather than helping to demolish them. Owing the bank is a different deal! there is no getting away from that. Perhaps if the government invested a tiny amount of money in our national youth, these organizations that struggle to provide a venue for our talented young people would not find themselves in these financial situations.... There certainly seems to be plenty of money for any amount of inane,pointless, non productive organizations..

.... Perhaps if the government invested a tiny amount of money in our national youth, these organizations that struggle to provide a venue for our talented young people would not find themselves in these financial situations.... There certainly seems to be plenty of money for any amount of inane,pointless, non productive organizations..

Wait a minute: Katrina victims, job initiatives, better schools, hunger, national security, fighting cancer...etc...etc... is what my tax dollars are and should be going to. Our goverment does give breaks to drum corps by providing tax deductable donations to individuals who deem these organizations as being worthy of our support. Don't blame our government, let's blame ourselves for not putting our tax deductable dollar's into our own activity. For crying out loud, we couldn't even get enough support to PBS for showing finals. Shame on us, not our government.

Edited by ContraJohn

My husband and I noticed that when we were watching the DVD from 2005 that not many members are from Ill. like drum corps used to be..but alot are from Texas, Tn etc...

Anyway, I do hope the drum corps community and the community from Rockford Loves Park, Ill. will pull together and support this great drum corps.

From Lancerlady "I just pray this will work out for y'all."

"Dear guy up there people talk to, I know you're busy with wars and death and democrats, but can ya help Rockford get some money?"

It's got to be a priority for this Deliciously evil god fellow (credit to Stewey Griffin)! :music:

Edited by Gantang

I will take the govt to task,I'm paying taxes too! and have been for a long time! We in the U.S. pay more $$ to educate a child than any other nation in the world,and still rank 11th in literacy. We paid a person like Ahmed Chalabi $345.000 a month till we found out he was a faker! We also sent $6,000,000 in duffel bags to you know where to piece of local pols.

Cancer research is swimming in money and that is a good thing! Katrina victims are being taken care of. We need to start rewarding the young people that are carrying the ball and maintaining standards in this country, they are our investment, and the people that will continue to keep this country functioning at a sensable and productive level,If we do not ,then we have another problem...

Edited by stellwegen