BOWL GAMES ?

FSU just didn't play "as bad" as we did.

If we didn't have that horrific game against GT, FSU would have had a more interesting ACC Championship game ;-)

Haha, I agree, it would be more interesting.

The fact is, really, we overachieved by beating key teams that are better than we are, and Miami underachieved by losing to two that are worse. I wouldn't go and call us a "great football team," but when it's time to play a big game, we've done exactly what we've needed to do all season. Except for against UF, which was absolutely pitiful, haha.

Getting back on topic, I just saw a bunch of Bluecoats in the OU/Oregon game. A bunch were on trombones, heh. To be honest, I want OU to win, so people stop complaining that Oregon's strength of schedule is insignificant and that they should be in the Orange Bowl.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really .I teach there and sometimes I am a guest soloist.

CHEZ

Chez say "Hi" to B. Pease for me....tell him it's someone who judged with him and competed against his band many times. He even had the band I work with, perform at UVA twice.....that was a blast!

I was definitely with the Cornhusker Marching Band in San Antonio...what an amazing game! All I got left to say is that if Michigan beat Penn State and we beat Michigan, then we must obviously be unrated and underranked! Just picking on you PSU people!

Michigan stole the PSU game. But I digress.

Sorry to continue OT, but I remember very well the Huskers' visit to Happy Valley a few years back.... ouch! Then the Nits hit Lincoln pretty hard the next year, if I'm not mistaken.

b**bs

Some band at the UCLA/Northwestern game was just playing Rocky Point Holiday, while doing box rotations. Couldn't see who it was.

edit - I'm pretty sure it was UCLA, after seeing/hearing Northwestern's band.

Edited by Jared_mello

Michigan stole the PSU game. But I digress.

Sorry to continue OT, but I remember very well the Huskers' visit to Happy Valley a few years back.... ouch! Then the Nits hit Lincoln pretty hard the next year, if I'm not mistaken.

b**bs

OT - but are you an alum?

My daughter performed last night with the Nebraska Cornhusker Band. Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!!. They beat Michigan.

b**bs

Which one's your daughter?

I was definitely with the Cornhusker Marching Band in San Antonio...what an amazing game! All I got left to say is that if Michigan beat Penn State and we beat Michigan, then we must obviously be unrated and underranked! Just picking on you PSU people!

Agree 100% with you there Jamie. What a freaking fun game!

GO BIG RED!

Edited by huskerman15

LSU's band seems pretty good from what I can hear. I like all the older recordings I have of the band, and they seem solid as usual now. Great music program in general. Miami....except for that one screaming trumpet, I reeeeeeeeeally don't like the band's sound at all. Sorry Emma. :)

During halftime, what was that massed band thing? The snareline produced one of the most painful things my ears have ever heard.

I would say go LSU, but I don't think I ever need to bother. So much for Miami being the incredible powerhouse that deserves to be in the Orange Bowl (and likewise with Oregon). Neither looked too impressive the last two days...