Phoenix

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, but 30 years later, I still think that many members of Phoenix acted in unconscionably bad taste on retreat in 1975.

(this should stir up some dialogue).

Just my opinion.

That was 76 Ray...the corps folded soon after, partly because management had lost control of the members.

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

Before anyone gets blasted by Uncle Benny on here I will say that 1976 we had a better corps and DCA had made it clear all year long that we werent wanted. By the end of season many members were frustrated. I am not one of those who showed their frustration on retreat...but I was late getting to corps because I was being chased by a number of groupies!!!LOL 1975 we didnt have any weaknesses...listen to those baris honk!

I hate to hear the Booing on the 1975 tape...from Hanover Lancers, Guelph Royaliers and even Erie members whom we beat all year long in RCA. That wasnt so cool either.

Donny

I hate to hear the Booing on the 1975 tape...from Hanover Lancers, Guelph Royaliers and even Erie members whom we beat all year long in RCA. That wasnt so cool either.

Donny

I wasn't in the corps in 75, but hearing Phoenix (on the record) being booed by the other corps really made me mad. Then, I realized they were all just jealous! Rock on DA! (BTW, 76 Phoenix is still one of my favorites!)

ive so played that drum solo before, gotta love BILLY!

Fine, but 30 years later, I still think that many members of Phoenix acted in unconscionably bad taste on retreat in 1975.

(this should stir up some dialogue).

Just my opinion.

OK,for us children posting here.What was it???

One of the soprano players urinated. Some were drinking...that still happens on retreat, and honestly we werent in parade formation. There wasn't much discipline on retreat. Some people...(me included) were late coming to the field, we didnt realize retreat had started. :blink:

Like was said by Ray...it was 30 years ago. The guy that pee'ed is a very successful person in real life now. Let it go!