Nice Hotel in Madison

George--I believe there is a nice hotel downtown not very far from the Capital and has a view of the lake. Sorry I can't recall the name; we dropped off some friends there after buying tickets. Good luck!!

I believe you are referring to the Edgewood, and it is lovely and ideally situated. That was a four-star last I knew, and it's possibly the only one. As relatively sophisticated as it is, Madison is still a smallish town in the Midwest.

Aren't two star hotels still very, very nice? I stay at the Concourse. Nothing fancy and right at the start of State Street.

I stayed at the hotel used by DCI as headquarters in Madison. I got to stay there for free in '92 because I went to the judges college. When I went there in '96, I stayed out by the freeway at the Red Roof Inn. I also stayed in the hotel across the street from the Red Roof Inn in '87. There is a Perkins Restaurant there, so pretty much everything you'll need to be comfortable. I love Madison-its a great place for DCI and drumcorps!

the headquarters on the lake...i stayed there in 02...i forget the name. the Concourse is also nice.

the problem is by now, they may all be filled. since DCi took over doing reservations, IMO, the choices dont seem as plentiful or as nice

The Madison Concourse and the Best Western Inn on the Park are better than the average motel and located right on the Capital square. Both are walking distance to much food and other entertainment. They are also walking distance from Camp Randall if you are in shape and at all ambitious.

The Sheraton is better than either, though set off on its own without collateral attractions available. Food at the Sheraton can be expensive.

Does anyone here miss the old Hotel Washington? What a pity it never got rebuilt after the fire.

The Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. It's located on Lake Monona, is close to the Capital Square and State Street, and has a great restaurant, the Capitol Chophouse.

9 East Wilson Street

608-255-5100

The best hotel I've ever stayed at in Wisconsin is the Hotel Z. It's about an hour away but well worth the drive.. it's very lodgey in style.. common areas are cozy.. the beds are comfy.. the service is great.. the showers are awesome.. and the food can't be beat.

:diva:

Stef