Classic Countdown

Okay, the deal with 1982 Bridgemen although I love that show, I was disappointed, when I got the DVD, to find most of the opener is missing and not available due to "technicalities", and I don't know if 1972 Kingsmen is available (does anyone else know).

And while I agree 85 Suncoast is a good show and all, I think y'all are overlooking 1984 Suncoast as a great show..drill, music, etc...but that's just me..:)

Steph, you are correct, in that the 84 show was by far one of the most emotional shows EVER in DC. However, the videos of the closer do it absolutely NO justice, not showing the most impactful moments ***ahemFLagDrillahem*** (instead choosing to do a close up of the American flag.... FLYING OUTSIDE THE STADIUM!!!!)

I also agree with your later post... need to see some Suncoast this time around (and some BRIDGEMEN!!!) ((AND SOME 27!!! ...although I would vote for '82))

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one likes 95 cavies? Come on that show was BEAUTIFUL! :rock::huh:

As good as that show was....I still think 2000 was better!!! :huh:

After weeks of deep thought...adding corps...eliminating corps...adding them again...eliminating them again...watching some DVDs...asking my cats...asking my Diet Coke...I have now come up with this...MY OFFICIAL LIST!!!! b**bs

For those that care :rock: here it is!!!! :D

1975 27th Lancers

1979 Troopers

1980 Bridgemen

1983 Garfield Cadets

1985 Suncoast Sound

1986 Blue Devils

1993 Star of Indiana

1993 Phantom Regiment

1995 Madison Scouts

1999 Santa Clara Vanguard

2000 Cavaliers

2001 Glassmen

Cheers!!!! :mmm:

Edited by LaSqueegee

I've still not decided on my 90's corps. That I believe is going to be the most difficult for me!

I know the feeling only its 80s for me. I have about a dozen shows I want to vote for. Only one I am 100% on is 89 Regiment

Ooops sorry PR_ducky, I mean I don't know much about the 90s, not that there were too many to pick from.

So, would you like to give me a couple of your 90s favorites? Please? I'd appreciate it!

Ooops sorry PR_ducky, I mean I don't know much about the 90s, not that there were too many to pick from.

So, would you like to give me a couple of your 90s favorites? Please? I'd appreciate it!

well my favs may not be the ones that make it, but here are a few good ones...

91 SCV - Miss Saigon. Not their best show, but an entertaining one

93 Star - Not my fav show but a significant one

92 Cadets - My second fav Cadets show (behind 87)

94 Blue Devils - Undefeated, awesome show

95 Scouts - has to be seen (and heard) to be believed, and I can't believe the recording will do it justice

those are a few good ones. I am sure others would like to contribute....

I know the feeling only its 80s for me. I have about a dozen shows I want to vote for. Only one I am 100% on is 89 Regiment

I am the same way for the 80's, I have so many but I'm trying to think of the history aspect of it for the kids...anyway, voting starts today right? :)

OH and curious, what do you think about 90 Cadets? That's one of my favorites...

Edited by Lancerlady

I am the same way for the 80's, I have so many but I'm trying to think of the history aspect of it for the kids...anyway, voting starts today right? :)

OH and curious, what do you think about 90 Cadets? That's one of my favorites...

90s cadets were ok, but their show was just a mish mash of parts of the 4 shows they had won with.

I call 1990 the "year without a champion) as none of the shows that year really stood out for me.

There were several good ones, but nothing over the top in my opinion.

If you want a 90s cadets show to vote for I would suggest 1992

I will be voting for Cadets 87