Classic Countdown

Okay, here is my finalized vote that I just submitted..:)

whew..that was hard..

1975 27th Lancers

1977 Bridgeman

1983 Garfield Cadets

1984 Suncoast Sound

1985 Santa Clara Vanguard

1988 Velvet Knights

1990 Star of Indiana

1994 Blue Devils

1995 The Cavaliers

1995 Madison Scouts

2003 Phantom Regiment

2003 Spirit from Jacksonville State University

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1975 27th Lancers

1977 Bridgeman

1988 Velvet Knights

1988 Suncoast Sound

1988 Sky Ryders

1989 Cadets of Bergen County

1990 Dutch Boy

1992 Blue Devils

1995 The Cavaliers

1995 Madison Scouts

2001 Santa Clara Vanguard

2003 Phantom Regiment

Good morning:

Thanks for the 2001 Vanguard - that's in MY vote. Very fun. Very Vanguard. A nice mix of the old and new.

Here are my votes, using no one from last year and no duplicate corps. (How hard was THAT!)

1. 79 North Star - Children of Sanchez, Bellavia, Ole, Beach Boys Medley (Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann) (awesome soloist!)

2. 77 Bridgeman - Yes, We have no Bananas, Pagliacci, Land of Make Believe, Big Apple Medley, What I Did For Love (from A Chorus Line), William Tell Overture (See a disqualified corps!)

3. 82 SkyRyders – Faces, Verdine, Quein Sabe, La Virgin de la Macarena, Come in From the Rain, Over the Rainbow (soloists, double rifles, and one of the best ballads)

4. 82 Freelancers - You Are the Sunshine of My Life, Recuerdos, Genji, Even Now (probably my favorite of the bunch…next to 2001 SCV)

5. 83 Cadets - Rocky Point Holiday, Selections from Mass - In Nomine Patris, Almighty Father, Sanctus, Agnus Dei, God Said, De Profundis, part 2, Simple Song (a trend setter)

6. 84 Suncoast Sound - Six O.S., Aquarius (from "Hair"), Requiem, America?/America!, Satisfaction/America the Beautiful (Vietnam Show)

7. 93 Phantom Regiment - The Modern Imagination: The Landworkers, The Wheat Dance, Danza Final, The Fire of Eternal Glory, Death Hunt (OK - another classic - has all the elements)

8. 95 Cavaliers - The Planets: Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter (jaw dropping visuals)

9. 95 Bluecoats - Homefront: 1945: Come Rain or Come Shine, Shippin' Out, I'll Be Seeing You, Newsreel, Sing, Sing, Sing (bring out the hankies!)

10. 92 Blue Devils - Big, Bad and Blue: Someone’s There, Cuban Fire Suite, El Congo Valiente,

Fuego Cubano, La Suerta de Los Tontos, When a Man Loves a Woman (so much great music...and just to see the guard rip off their tops! yeow!)

11. 01 Santa Clara Vanguard - New Era Metropolis: Short Ride in a Fast Machine, Jug Blues and Fat Picken, Variants on a Medieval Tune, New Era Dance (THE funnest show - they really let lose!)

12. 04 Carolina Crown - Bohemia!: Ma Vlast, La Boheme, Epistrophy, Beat Generation, Seasons of Love (from "Rent"), Bohemian Rhapsody, The Queen Symphony (my one 'guilty pleasure' corps)

Good morning:

Thanks for the 2001 Vanguard - that's in MY vote. Very fun. Very Vanguard. A nice mix of the old and new.

Here are my votes, using no one from last year and no duplicate corps. (How hard was THAT!)

1. 79 North Star - Children of Sanchez, Bellavia, Ole, Beach Boys Medley (Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann) (awesome soloist!)

2. 77 Bridgeman - Yes, We have no Bananas, Pagliacci, Land of Make Believe, Big Apple Medley, What I Did For Love (from A Chorus Line), William Tell Overture (See a disqualified corps!)

3. 82 SkyRyders – Faces, Verdine, Quein Sabe, La Virgin de la Macarena, Come in From the Rain, Over the Rainbow (soloists, double rifles, and one of the best ballads)

4. 82 Freelancers - You Are the Sunshine of My Life, Recuerdos, Genji, Even Now (probably my favorite of the bunch…next to 2001 SCV)

5. 83 Cadets - Rocky Point Holiday, Selections from Mass - In Nomine Patris, Almighty Father, Sanctus, Agnus Dei, God Said, De Profundis, part 2, Simple Song (a trend setter)

6. 84 Suncoast Sound - Six O.S., Aquarius (from "Hair"), Requiem, America?/America!, Satisfaction/America the Beautiful (Vietnam Show)

7. 93 Phantom Regiment - The Modern Imagination: The Landworkers, The Wheat Dance, Danza Final, The Fire of Eternal Glory, Death Hunt (OK - another classic - has all the elements)

8. 95 Cavaliers - The Planets: Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter (jaw dropping visuals)

9. 95 Bluecoats - Homefront: 1945: Come Rain or Come Shine, Shippin' Out, I'll Be Seeing You, Newsreel, Sing, Sing, Sing (bring out the hankies!)

10. 92 Blue Devils - Big, Bad and Blue: Someone’s There, Cuban Fire Suite, El Congo Valiente,

Fuego Cubano, La Suerta de Los Tontos, When a Man Loves a Woman (so much great music...and just to see the guard rip off their tops! yeow!)

11. 01 Santa Clara Vanguard - New Era Metropolis: Short Ride in a Fast Machine, Jug Blues and Fat Picken, Variants on a Medieval Tune, New Era Dance (THE funnest show - they really let lose!)

12. 04 Carolina Crown - Bohemia!: Ma Vlast, La Boheme, Epistrophy, Beat Generation, Seasons of Love (from "Rent"), Bohemian Rhapsody, The Queen Symphony (my one 'guilty pleasure' corps)

70's- 1975 Madison Scouts

- 1972 Des Plaines Vanguard

Submitted just like before- I couldn't bring myself to second guess!

1974 Santa Clara Vanguard

1977 Bridgeman

1984 Blue Devils

1985 Suncoast Sound

1986 Spirit of Atlanta

1987 Garfield Cadets

1990 Star of Indiana

1995 The Cavaliers

1995 Madison Scouts

1996 Carolina Crown

2000 Blue Knights

2001 Glassmen

Can't wait to see the results- I think I batted 0-for-12 last year!

how about some shows that don't get talked about very much...some of my personal low-key favs are...

73 Troopers

77 Bridgemen

77 SCVanguard

83 Suncoast Sound (only because during Aquarius, the dude playing cymbals breaks out a huge chunk of his cymbal...######!)

87 Cavaliers

87 Bluecoats

92 Crossmen

92 Velvet Knights

99 Glassmen

2000 Blue Knights

2003 Phantom Regiment

2004 Blue Devils

1975 Blue Stars

1977 Bridgemen

1984 Garfield Cadets

1985 Star of Indiana

1987 Santa Clara Vanguard

1987 Sky Ryders

1990 Star of Indiana

1993 Star of Indiana

1995 Madison Scouts

1995 Phantom Regiment

2002 Seattle Cascades

2005 Phantom Regiment

Just submitted-

1975 27th Lancers

1977 Bridgeman

1984 Suncoast Sound

1987 Sky Ryders

1988 Suncoast Sound

1988 Velvet Knights

1991 Santa Clara Vanguard

1993 Star of Indiana

1995 Madison Scouts

1997 Crossmen

2000 The Cavaliers

2005 Phantom Regiment

I couldn't make up my mind on Suncoast even though they may cancel out.... I hope they make it up there this year!

I couldn't make up my mind on Phantom and Cavaliers, they may cancel each other out but here are my picks...

1975 27th Lancers

1977 Bridgeman

1983 Garfield Cadets

1984 Suncoast Sound

1985 Santa Clara Vanguard

1989 Phantom Regiment

1990 Star of Indiana

1994 Blue Devils

1995 The Cavaliers

1995 Madison Scouts

2003 Phantom Regiment

2004 The Cavaliers