What happened to Court of Honor?

I'll spare you guys my life story, but there's some background information to go along with this. I'm a high school senior in Georgia, and I decided a few months ago that I have to do drum corps, or my life won't be complete. But other than the CorpsVets, Georgia is pretty much empty of drum corps, especially junior corps. So I was using the search function to browse for drum corps activity in GA, and found an old thread where someone posted a link to Court of Honor's website. It might be too late to audition even now, but I'd at least like to take a look at their website. It could be a lot of fun and some good experience.

So back to the thread topic...what happened? When I enter their web address I get "Bad request

Invalid request -- no address for host www.courtofhonor.org" And by doing a Yahoo search for them all I get are snippets from people's Xanga's saying that they're members or whatever. Help?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Court of Honor folded after the 2004 season, and posts indicate they show no signs of returning.

why run a website for a corps that no longer exists?

~>conner

Moving to II/III forum.

If you are really wanting to march, why don't you come down to Fayette Middle School in Fayetteville in two weeks? We have a LOT of talented, younger kids in the corps this year, so as far as ages go, you'd be able to fit right in. The show we are doing is a trip to Las Vegas and is HOT! Come on down and check it out!

My Court of Honor story.

In 2004 I went to my first Div 2-3 only show. I only went because it was being hosted by a local school, whose brand new director was ill, and I felt I ought to go and be what help I could.

Anyway, I'm standing at the gate trying to be helpful, when I see this tiny hornline show up. I keep looking for the rest of them. And they all look so young! Finding myself of no use, I go to find a seat with someone from the district office. It is announced that they are performing The Cat in the Hat. I think to myself, Good God, I'm going to have to pretend to like a bad show, being performed by a tiny corps made up of kids not old enough to shave.

Well, the kids went out and absolutely floored me with their performance. I didn't simply admire them because they were small and young and had the guts to go out and perform. They really went out there and sold me a show I never thought I'd like.

Don't know what cause their early demise, but to those involved, on one hot August night y'all captured my drum corps heart, and I'm sad that this drum corps experience is no longer available to kids in this part of the country.