What happened to Court of Honor?

Court of Honor folded after the 2004 season, and posts indicate they show no signs of returning.

why run a website for a corps that no longer exists?

~>conner

"why run a website for a corps that no longer exists?"

Three (really, really) good reasons come to mind;

The Anaheim Kingsmen, 27th Lancers and The Bridgemen.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't Court of Honor be brought back? :beer: If it wasn't legal stuff that killed Court, why couldn't new management bring it back?

"why run a website for a corps that no longer exists?"

Three (really, really) good reasons come to mind;

The Anaheim Kingsmen, 27th Lancers and The Bridgemen.

that's true, but when the corps folds, because they can no longer fund anything, wouldn't it make sense to put the money that they use on a website, into the corps?

~>conner

I doubt it- they sold all their equipment.

So? More equipment could be gathered. There is lots of stuff out there just waiting for a buyer. :rock: A group of ten adults could gather enough equipment to get the thing started. B)

I'm not an authority on CoH and will readily rescind my comments if an authoritative member close to the corps can attest otherwise, but I recall CoH's demise as being a product of gross financial mismanagement. I think MHSmirage must've either been misinformed or thinking of another corps when she commented about their folding being a product of administrative/staff issues. As I recall, it was confirmed by multiple people close to the organisation (including a member of the BoD) that they were left with insurmountable debt.

I remember that summer wondering how they got brand new uniforms, new horns, new battery percussion, new equipment trailer; seemingly new everything. I guess it turned out they hadn't? A shame too, especially since they had the best DivIII hornline in '04.

As I recall, it was confirmed by multiple people close to the organisation (including a member of the BoD) that they were left with insurmountable debt.

Debt created by bad management.

Does anyone know if the debt will be taken care of so the name can be used again? :bleah: