This might be fun if you're willing to laugh at yourself a little

Lower picture, interval error bass #1 and bass #2...................................tick!!!!!!

<==tried to stop self, but just couldn't manage!!!!!!! :P

yeah, but they still beat you!....and me too! :P

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to put this up, although it's up in the "some old photos" thread to show john2780.

I should have cropped it down to 1 picture but didn't.

So, in the 2nd picture down-Folk Song Suite 1979, John is on the #2 side, 2nd one over from the 50. John, I will magnify this one and e-mail it to you (if you'd like) so that you might be able to use it as an avatar or however you'd like to use it. :rolleyes:

Once again I'm in the same spot....too much already! :blink:

FolkSongSuiteOTL.jpg

All my love JohnJohn.....

Thanks Nancy, love the picture. Those were out famous Roger's quints, set up very differernt than the quads of today. They were really a lot of fun to play.!!!

Lower picture, interval error bass #1 and bass #2...................................tick!!!!!!

That's little George Bonfiglio, the director's son, with the depth perception error. He could always do anything he wanted ( only kidding Georgie !!). That bassline, known as the "Spaceline" could play

Thanks Nancy, love the picture. Those were out famous Roger's quints, set up very differernt than the quads of today. They were really a lot of fun to play.!!!

And I enjoyed watching you play them!!

"interval error" - tick....you're too funny!

EDIT: wait that was unclez saying that, I thought it was John. I thought it was John critiquing (sp) our Spaceline, so it's not funny! I take it back. ;) Just kidding unclez however, #### hath no fury.... well you know the rest....

Good old Georgie, could always count on firecrackers on the 4th of July with George and Georgie setting up!! I think that began even prior to him marching didn't it? When he was just on tour with us??

I hadn't originally noticed (26 years ago) in this picture that you guys were in the center rather than the snare line! Love it!

Edited by LancerFi

[i hadn't originally noticed (26 years ago) in this picture that you guys were in the center rather than the snare line! Love it!

I remember that the snare line was EXTREMELY upset that the tenor line took center stage from them ( ps and deservingly so b**bs ).

1967 My then future wife Cheryl hiding behind a baloon.

<67cheryl.JPG>

<67sas.JPG>

1969 Cheryl

<70cheryl.JPG>

1971 playing a solo with a broken hand

<solo.JPG>

1971 Cheryl

<71icrwo.JPG>

1971 Me and the boys on the bus

<71icrboysbus.JPG>

1972 Cheryl

<71cheryl.JPG>

1973 Me with the hat

<73icrbutss.JPG>

1973 Cheryl

<73icrbutcc.JPG>

1976 I'm the Sop with the dark glasses

<76BRIDGEPORT_1.JPG>

1994 with Lancer Fi, Cheryl and the crew

<9Icr27.jpg>

1994 with Cheryl

<94sc.JPG>

2001 I'm in the middle with the hat, my wife, Cheryl is in the Black Dog sweatshirt.

<2001seacrest.JPG>

Edited by up4479

3b49128c.jpg

1980 Chattahoochee Sound Association. I'm 16 years old, sitting to the left of the drum major.

cf585351.jpg

1983 Spirit of Atlanta. We posed for "formal" photos in the early Spring that year.

1ec77a3f.jpg

1983 Spirit of Atlanta bass line posing in Miami. Aren't we sexy in our short shorts? B)

a8dec5a1.jpg

1983 Spirit of Atlanta at DCI finals in Miami. I'm on bass drum #2.

c780b60b.jpg

1985 Spirit of Atlanta age-outs just before retreat. I'm third from the right on the front row.

I was so young and thin :devin:

edit: And here I am today with my wife!

Christmasparty2-2005.jpg

-Jack

Edited by jacquesb

1994 with Lancer Fi, Cheryl and the crew

<9Icr27.jpg>

It's hard to beleive that we are all Reveries in this 94 picture, and that's not all of us by a long shot. I can think of about 10 to 15 off the top of my head that marched in both the Reveries and then 2-7. up4479 I bet you might have a closer amount that marched in both and another amount that marched in Reveries and only 94, etc.

Afterall, in the beginning, it was the feeder corps to the big guys...

Thanks! Great pictures!!

AWESOME posts with GREAT pictures... up4479 and jacquesb.

nothing to laugh at in those great pics!! Wellll...OK, Jack, maybe the fact that you trimmed out

on the glasses. :P LOL...but that WAS the style back then, so it only seems funny now.

Great pictures of both you guys as you went along ^OO^ !!