Delmarva Corps?

I've been on Delmarva now for a few months after moving from Erie, and there seems to be a lack of Drum Corps here!!!!! I was wondering if anyone else who reads this is from the Delmarva and would want to maybe start a minicorps or something.

Mike

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on Delmarva now for a few months after moving from Erie, and there seems to be a lack of Drum Corps here!!!!! I was wondering if anyone else who reads this is from the Delmarva and would want to maybe start a minicorps or something.

Mike

I would think that the closest Drum Corps to you would be the Yankee-Rebels in Baltimore, Md.. But you could also travel a bit farther north and head for Archie in Upper Darby, Pa., or even Reilly in Willow Grove, Pa..

Great bunch of people at all 3 locations. Who knows you might be able to talk some of those olde farts into getting a mini Corps started. At least you'd still be in the activity.

A pretty large contigent from the Baltimore area are members of the Bushwackers. We have camp this weekend in Rutgers, feel free to come on up. Contact one of us and we can get you in contact with our Maryland people to ride up together.

Baltimore Caballeros:

I understand that there is a group of Caballeros Alumni members commuting to Hawthorne from "DelMarVa".

Elphaba

Don't forget to add Shenandoah Sound to the list of nearby corps. They're not far away in Northern Virginia.

Fran

delmarva is a drum corps wasteland. Been here all my life. I live near Annapolis. You didn't mention your location.

delmarva is a drum corps wasteland. Been here all my life. I live near Annapolis. You didn't mention your location.

I'm living in Salisbury, and I teach in Selbyville, DE. I play with the Salisbury Univ. Jazz Band and Wind Ensembles as a community member.

I've been around drum corps for awhile, and I def. have the drive to put something together down here. Mini-corps looks like a good way to start.

Edited by ErieSopMike

Mike

I always wondered what they called that little piece of land.

I'm living in Salisbury, and I teach in Selbyville, DE. I play with the Salisbury Univ. Jazz Band and Wind Ensembles as a community member.

I've been around drum corps for awhile, and I def. have the drive to put something together down here. Mini-corps looks like a good way to start.

There are a couple of pretty decent high school bands in the Salisbury area... I've seen 'em on the USSBA circuit in recent years.... but Cindy's right, as far as drum corps goes, the Maryland Eastern Shore and the rest of the Delmarva is pretty quiet, unfortunately.

Perhaps your mini-corps idea will help wake the area up!!!!

Fran