Delmarva Corps?

I don't believe the biggest challenge in starting a mini-corps on the "Eastern Shore," as the mainland Virginians call it, would be finding members. I think the biggest challenge would be naming it. Being the wise guy I am, I'll help you with a couple of ideas. Feel free to use them. All I ask for is a free corps jacket.

"The Chicken Herders" or "Ranchero's de Polo" if you want a more Latin style for the new organization.

"The Mother Pluckers"

"The Guardians of US 301"

"Purdue's Performers"

"The Raging Oysters"

(hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks this is funny)

MoKeefus,

I DO think it's funny.... b**bs

I'll have to join "The Guardians of US 301". Moving from Long Island to Maryland's Eastern Shore, having nothing to do with chickens (other than living, part time, at Royal Farms and buying their fried chicken)

And I live near US Rt. 301, Kent County (of course it does run from Delaware to DC so A LOT of folks live near it) :P

Tony B)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you plan on joining a corps Tony? Yankee Rebels can always use some more bari. players. I'm on kent island Queen Anns County, as well as another bari. player. You could always hitch a ride w/ one of us.

Working on getting an ensemble together as well. We have a rehearsal tomorrow. Weather allowing of course.

WOW! Good to know that there are so many drum corps fans on the Eastern Shore. Add me to the list! I moved to Hurlock (literally the MIDDLE of nowhere) in 2004. One of my percussion instructors used to live in Delmar, but just recently moved up to New Castle, DE.

I'm up for a mini-corps....

Jeff

US Naval Academy D&B

Civilian Director

WOW! Good to know that there are so many drum corps fans on the Eastern Shore. Add me to the list! I moved to Hurlock (literally the MIDDLE of nowhere) in 2004. One of my percussion instructors used to live in Delmar, but just recently moved up to New Castle, DE.

I'm up for a mini-corps....

Jeff

US Naval Academy D&B

Civilian Director

hmm.. im suprised there are this many corps ppl too. hurlock is pretty close. your right, its out in the sticks!

who's this drum instructor u speek of from delmar?

add me to the list...i know alot of people from my years marching that would gladly come down and teach, even a few ideas about getting membership. 30 people wouldnt be that hard to find.

Do you plan on joining a corps Tony? Yankee Rebels can always use some more bari. players. I'm on kent island Queen Anns County, as well as another bari. player. You could always hitch a ride w/ one of us.

Working on getting an ensemble together as well. We have a rehearsal tomorrow. Weather allowing of course.

Cindy,

Because of my health I'm not able to join any DC...

If I could, I'd go back to my corps, Sunrisers. If my health improves, I'll be going to the L.I.Sunrisers Alumni Corps, Donna, my wife (guard member) and Alex, our son (bass drummer) are already in the Sunrisers Alumni Corps. Donna marched in the guard, rifle and flag lines, with the

Majestic Knights, Charlestown, Mass., 1963-1968/69

St.Kevin's Majestic Knights, Dorchester, Mass., 1969

The Renegades, Everett, Mass., 1970-1973

L.I.Sunrisers, L.I.N.Y., 1975-1979, 1981-1984

Thanks you very much for your offer, I'm one of those "Ol'Pharts" that just can't see me in any other uniform other than the "Orange, White and Blue".....

I do feel honored that you would ask me...

Tony B)

Edited by TennTux

...also, I recently saw a guy walking through Hurlock wearing a Yankee Rebels jacket... any idea who that might be?

hmm, no idea. im seriously suprised there are this many corps ppl around here, i thought for sure the activity was dead. i know back in the miid 90's, there were 4 or 5 hs'ers that marched surf. one was the girl center snare, from like 94 or 95. so i know the activity used to thrive in this area. well, meaning there were more ppl involved. not that there were any drum corps here.