Delmarva Corps?

...well, I had a pleasant lunch by myself...

What a shame Jeff. <**> Just goes to show how "inexpensive" talk is. Still wish you the best and hope your efforts come to fruition.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh bummer!

I'd have been there but I had rehearsal.

Here's a good question tho.

For those interested in joining. Who can arrange music?

Personally I'm just relearning how to read music.

I have alot of music scores at my disposal. We'd just have to tweek it. Can't play it as is. But I have loads of Dads stuff.

Eventually I'd like to be able to put arrangements together myself. I'm working on it.

I've just got so much on my plate with work and 2 music books to learn.

Memorization is a long time in comming. I'm still, just to new to playing.A year and a half now.

I give myself a couple more years and I'll be much better with that.

• 2 months later...

As the summer is now winding down, shall we make another attempt to put our noggins together and see what we can do?

Little by little, I am finding a few more people that are interested in drum corps. I know of a friend that worked in the Cadets organization that is well in favor of trying to get something going, and he lives here on the Delmarva.

I have a notebook that I have been building of what is necessary to start a corps, and right now it's collecting dust, just like jeff's music... so let's find a crew and get the notebook and music back in action.

We need to get everyone together. I know our last meeting fell through and outside of corps season might be a better shot for all of us.

wurd. id like to meet everyone who's interested.

who is this cadet guy that lives on delmarva? i swear these ppl are hiding in the woodwork

banner_ad_dejour.gif

Edited by DrumDeviL

wurd. id like to meet everyone who's interested.

who is this cadet guy that lives on delmarva? i swear these ppl are hiding in the woodwork

There's drum corps people down here... we just have to find them. The hiding places are too well hidden!!! :blink::wub::blink::wub::blink:

• 3 weeks later...

As the DCA season is winding to a close, I'll pitch out my idea again.

Maryland's Eastern Shore needs a Drum Corps.

There are people interested and things are somewhat starting to get rolling.

I'll be setting up a meeting time for all parties that are interested in taking part in starting a corps here.

Tell your friends, tell your neighbors and if they're interested, tell them to respond to this.

The more people that get on board, the better things will hopefully be.

Even if we only get enough for an ensemble, we'll have something to work for come Rochester finals next year.

Grrr.. only if i STILL lived out in PG County or in Alexandria.. i would be up on starting something over there. Hopefully i will return back to the Beltway. of NoVA sooner if California doesnt brighten up for me.

But just for the #### of it.

There is a Corps that is trying to form right now in Roanoke VA (i know its a bit far) called Star City Knights.

myspace.com/starcityknights B)

Maryland's Eastern Shore needs a Drum Corps.

Definately a hot spot for drum corps (well at least for the DCI side of the house)

I remember when i was instructing at Thomas Stone HS (Waldorf).. I would look at all of those kids uniforms from MD and notice something very familiar from Cavaiers to Phantom Regiment. I would ask the kids if they ever want to do drum corps they said yes but everything is too far for them (Crossmen & Leigh Valley).