Historical Hunks of DCP

Vote for the hottest DCP Historical Hunk!  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your pick for the hottest?

• KeithHall
    • Tansea
    • unclez
    • GGarrett
    • MikeD
    • Apoch003
    • BlueDevilLegend
    • KansasDC
    • Bob Brady
    • dc oldtimer
    • RobH
    • Rocketman
    • Michael Boo
    • Marimbasaurus Rex
    • JimDugan
    • bd5times

In a last ditch, utterly desperate, and blatantly obvious attempt to garner more than the zero votes accumulated thus far, I offer you the F-14 Fighter Jock from, uh, 20 years ago, then my "love my Rotties" pic from last summer - in the hopes that Nancy will come to her senses and give me the only vote needed to at least redeem a shattered sense of self worth!

fighter_jock_rob.jpg

RobBaileyBrittany.jpg

DONE!

Although you made a huge blunder a month or so back, live, learn, forgive, but never forget!!

You've got my vote!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nancy, you didn't have to - but thanks from a grateful oldster! This is NOT something I'm supposed to be even in the running for - BD Legend is far cooler and everybody's favorite Uncle is more popular!

btw, are you referring to having Roxie put down?

If that's the case, I STILL feel awful about it, but we have her and Xena buried by the woods with headstones, little white fence, and I painted the Rainbow Bridge and put it between them in the corner of the yard - AND Mrs RobH recently got a St. Bernard mix from a shelter, named Baxter, and here's his pic here - he's a lovable 9 month old who is going to be huge!

Baxter.jpg

smilingBaxteronbed.jpg

Edited by RobH

Rob ~ i think that was one of the saddest days ever over on DCp-C.

we all cried for you and your family that day. :(

:worthy:

Thanks, Liz, I could tell - it wasn't so hot from MY end either! Greatly appreciated the support - and looks like Baxter is fitting in well at home with Bailey and Taylor - he's apparently very playful and acts just like the big puppy he is!

I need to get Mrs RobH to take a pic of our little pet cemetery and I'll post it here someplace soon, I promise!

Nancy, you didn't have to - but thanks from a grateful oldster! This is NOT something I'm supposed to be even in the running for - BD Legend is far cooler and everybody's favorite Uncle is more popular!

Actually I'm very surprised you're not neck and neck or in the top 3.

I believe you should have pulled the pilot and aircraft carrier pictures out sooner. I believe people may have been thinking "wearing a kilt Rob" :P and not "landing on the aircraft carrier Rob".

For someone who marched with men in Kilts, trust me, it's all good!

And I ask, what's cooler and more balzy than what you did for 20 years and what you are doing now? :worthy:

OK, enough, I want your head to fit out the door of La Casa Rob tomorrow.

P.S. Don't forget, we now have something else in common, I too lived in Mexico for 8 months. Would have stayed longer, but I had to get back to reality. Club Med is not quite reality!

Rob ~ i think that was one of the saddest days ever over on DCp-C.

we all cried for you and your family that day. :(

:worthy:

Rob I know exactly how you feel! I had an 18 year old Pom named Tico that I had to put down. She was suffering.....she wouldn't eat or drink water. Because of that she didn't have the strength to hold her own body weight up.....all of about 2 lbs! It hurt to have her put down, but I knew she was dying a slow death. Our vet said her heart was very weak. I was there beside her tears and all when she passed away. I miss my dog! :(

I want to thank the other three people who voted for me...I am touched. I really never expected to get any more than my own....

I want to thank the other three people who voted for me...I am touched. I really never expected to get any more than my own....

it would seem if you talk about and show pictures of your dogs (if you have them) you'll have women begging for more. ^0^

So Liz, are you saying I should "whip out" more dog pics? How about an airplane pic? The now retired F-14 Tomcat, in its day, the world's most advanced air superiority machine:

14a21akt.jpg

Malibu/Sandy - I'm with ya, there, on the "sense of loss/guilt" over losing a dog - believe me.

Here's a pic of Xena RIP:

Xenaonchair.jpg

And of Roximus Maximus RIP:

happyroxie.jpg

Mike - I know how ya feel, man - I can't figure out how I even got a single vote!

Nancy - concur that Club Med is NOT Mexico but Mexico ain't all half bad - I need to get out and explore more but I'm sure that will come with time. And more money!

I personally voted for Legend here but am very interested to see how all this turns out - and my personal thanks to Nancy and whoevertheheckelse may have voted for me - wasted vote, but I'm eternally grateful!

And in the interest of knowing just who the heck people here are voting for (or not!), I offer you, uh, ME:

name: RobH

age: 52 in March - probably older than most current DCP'ers FATHERS!

interests: serious percussion, large dogs, old school drumcorps and SOME current drumcorps, reading, history, international relations, engaging conversation, beer, wine, single malt scotch, the Green Bay Packers, truth, honesty, humility, service, country, learning, style, grace, class, elegance, self discipline, the supreme being, beautiful wimmin!

dislikes: shallow games played btwn people, empty-headed discussions, today's drum corps snare drum sound, using people for personal advantage, ignorance, bias, closed-mindedness, evil (except for that Renegades thing - that's GOOD evil from what I can tell!), braggadocio, people who treat others badly, cruelty, bad manners, cockiness, arrogance, elitism, superiority complexes, people who live in the past and dream of the "glory days" because that's all they have, those who wrongly think that "this is all there is," liars, incompetents, sycophants, money-grubbers, careerists, and those on their death beds who wished they spent more time at work!

notice I never said I LOVED flying or being in the military - it was my job, I did it, hopefully well, but it's best not to dwell too much on one's past - it's far more important to be here now, to learn, to make new friends and keep the old, and treasure the life you have!

ok, now you know more about me!

I have to say Rob got my vote on this one. :angry: Just look at this pic! He's in the white shirt in the middle.

:stillwater.jpg

Good thing I didn't march in 85. I wouldn't have been able to concentrate! :blink:

This is Rob now B)

RobBrown.jpg

Edited by bdjazz93