Who else has This

Hey Torn8o.....

Thanks for the comments.. while I know in the past we have had an old school sound to us.. I think it's also important for you to check out how much we have improved also... I'm assuming that you were listening to a clip from our 2002 show(not one of our better years) I suggest you take time to hear 2003, 2004, and just wait to be BLOWN AWAY by this years line (the absolute best I have ever played with) You will find that this year is an amazing mix of the old style with the new stronger brass sound!

It's gonna be awesome to watch and hear both on the field and in the warm up arc!

Edited by cabsbaritone

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Torn8o.....

Thanks for the comments.. while I know in the past we have had an old school sound to us.. I think it's also important for you to check out how much we have improved also... I'm assuming that you were listening to a clip from our 2002 show(not one of our better years) I suggest you take time to hear 2003, 2004, and just wait to be BLOWN AWAY by this years line (the absolute best I have ever played with) You will find that this year is an amazing mix of the old style with the new stronger brass sound!

It's gonna be awesome to watch and hear both on the field and in the warm up arc!

I can't wait to see you guys. I was blown away by your 2002 show too. :) Even though I noted the old school sound - it has to be said that it was also coupled with the quailty of a strong hornline of today. The old school was in the approach - not the quality. :) I hope you never lose touch with that old style because it's very refreshing to the mix in the drum corps activity. I love it! :)

Edited by torn8o

On the gate leading to Mars (DBs practice field), it says "Welcome to Mars. Home of the world champion Blue Devils".

Unfortunately, I dont even think the mayor of Santa Clara even knows that SCV exists execpt possibly as "that Bingo place on Space Park".

SCV's website used to be on the City of Santa Clara's webpage under their Community section. It's not there anymore. I just wrote to the webmaster to see if they would put it back on there. God only knows, SCV has been in that city longer than stupid Great America!

Ok I wrote to the city and they complied!

City of Santa Clara website now has SCV listed on their community page.

http://www.ci.santa-clara.ca.us/community/..._community.html

Pretty awesome!

Wow. Way to go, no kidding awesome!

COngrats on not only talking/considering about a problem, but rectifying it. We can all learn from your example.

Thanks, your post made my day.

Wow. Way to go, no kidding awesome!

COngrats on not only talking/considering about a problem, but rectifying it. We can all learn from your example.

Thanks, your post made my day.

aww thank you! It's also very nice to know people in the city's office. :rolleyes: