Who else has This

Hawthorne Rocks! I also love the front of AL Post 199. Over the door it says "Home of the WORLD FAMOUS Hawthorne Caballeros."

I believe Audubon NJ still has a display in its municipal building with a plaque dedicated to the Bon Bons and mannequins dressed in their uniforms through the years (which would explain where my boots disappeared to after the '94 reunion!).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawthorne Rocks! I also love the front of AL Post 199. Over the door it says "Home of the WORLD FAMOUS Hawthorne Caballeros."

yeh....well, the Post rocks too! B)

I believe Audubon NJ still has a display in its municipal building with a plaque dedicated to the Bon Bons and mannequins dressed in their uniforms through the years (which would explain where my boots disappeared to after the '94 reunion!).

Hey Linda It used to be there but they had to paint the building and it didn't get replaced LOL

However we do practice in James J. Costello Jr. Hall

in CT the state, as well as various towns, will recognize an accomplishment with a sign. but NEVER anything as cool as that!

:blink:

The only highway sign I remember in CT was crossing the state line from NY. It said, "Welcome to Connecticut. Dress nice!"

:P

Garry

:spit:

well that's the one they have in those BIG letters so you can't miss it. everything else is just not as important in these parts. :blink:

God forbid the sign there said

"Welcome to Connecticut,stay out of the left lane". ^_^

I love driving into Hawthorne and seeing this and I was just wondering who else has this. I believe Troopers do for jr and maybe some others but just wondering who in All Age or Any corps.

hawthornesignh.jpg

I saw this thread just at the right time. As many of you know, this is my rookie year of not only involvement with DCA corps but my rookie year as even a follower. Obviously I'm sold and on staff for one now but my research and stat knowledge developement still continues to be worked on. So, bear with me as I make yet another "rookie like" post.

I just discovered the Cabs for the first time today (as in spent time on their website researching their history and listening to clips - of course I've heard of them before though). Anyway, may I say.....

I LOVE THE CABS!!!!! b**bs

I just listened to some of their sound clips today and it seems like they are one of those corps that have hung on to "Drum Corps Tradition". Their sound is vintage drum corps and I love it. What I am really starting to dig about this whole DCA activity is how WIIIIIIDE the diversity is in style. Just yesterday, I spent time with the Bushwackers (i.e. on their website and such). As I watched the stream of their 2004 show, I noticed that they are very up to date and modern. AND I LOVED THAT TOO! Then, I go to the cabs the next day and click on "Pictures if Spain" and have flashbacks of the first day I listened to a recording of the Hawthorn Muchachos.

I'm getting the sense that this DCA activity is THEEE place to get a taste of any generation or style of drum corps out there. You want old school (late 70s-early 80s style IN TODAYS QUALITY EVEN), you will find it in corps like the Cabs. You want modern, you will find it in corps like the Bushwackers or Buccs. You want late 80s - early 90s BD and Madisonish in your face jazz charts, you will find it in corps like the Renegades and MBI. Literally, any and every type of drum corps imaginable is available right here in DCA of today.

Am I comming along here guys??? Am I getting it??? I know I'm rambling and getting somewhat off topic but I'm just getting excited about all of this. The drum corps bug has once again bitten me and it's injected DCA all over my bloodstream!!!

TOPICAL POINT???? Uh...yeah...I guess I need one now huh?

hmmm...OH YEAH...

Sorry... :( Don't mean to be such a geek. :(

Edited by torn8o

I saw this thread just at the right time. As many of you know, this is my rookie year of not only involvement with DCA corps but my rookie year as even a follower. Obviously I'm sold and on staff for one now but my research and stat knowledge developement still continues to be worked on. So, bear with me as I make yet another "rookie like" post.

I just discovered the Cabs for the first time today (as in spent time on their website researching their history and listening to clips - of course I've heard of them before though). Anyway, may I say.....

I just listened to some of their sound clips today and it seems like they are one of those corps that have hung on to "Drum Corps Tradition". Their sound is vintage drum corps and I love it. What I am really starting to dig about this whole DCA activity is how WIIIIIIDE the diversity is in style. Just yesterday, I spent time with the Bushwackers (i.e. on their website and such). As I watched the stream of their 2004 show, I noticed that they are very up to date and modern. AND I LOVED THAT TOO! Then, I go to the cabs the next day and click on "Pictures if Spain" and have flashbacks of the first day I listened to a recording of the Hawthorn Muchachos.

I'm getting the sense that this DCA activity is THEEE place to get a taste of any generation or style of drum corps out there. You want old school (late 70s-early 80s style IN TODAYS QUALITY EVEN), you will find it in corps like the Cabs. You want modern, you will find it in corps like the Bushwackers or Buccs. You want late 80s - early 90s BD and Madisonish in your face jazz charts, you will find it in corps like the Renegades and MBI. Literally, any and every type of drum corps imaginable is available right here in DCA of today.

Am I comming along here guys??? Am I getting it??? I know I'm rambling and getting somewhat off topic but I'm just getting excited about all of this. The drum corps bug has once again bitten me and it's injected DCA all over my bloodstream!!!

hmmm...OH YEAH...

I can't wait for your next speech at the next camp... :P

hmmm...OH YEAH...

THANKS!!

I look forward to meeting you this summer - I think you'll love finals by all the corps!

How can you NOT love the Cabs?

I have watched them since the 60's, competed against them and lost, competed against them and won...seen them in greatness, and seen them in not their best form.

I have always loved the Cabs.

Viva Valdosta! to Louie....

Donny