January Excitement complete/February in SIGHT

ES' southernmost contingent got home in record time. (I even caught the last 6:15 of the Steelers winning their 5th Super Bowl.)

We got home smartly, even though the snow in Rochester slowed us down a bit. We were hoping it was merely lake effect. That turned out true, as the snow and sleet only lasted a half hour. Tamm & I hoped that the Erie/OH crew got home safely, since the snow probably dogged them all of their way back.

Wow, what a camp! How are those arms, ES baritones?

Come join the Empire Statesmen. We're getting stronger all the time.

Well, I can say my arms have never hurt as much as they do today. WOW! We are gonna be so strong baris - keep it up.

The entire hornline is incredible. I am blown away by the talent each and every week. The drumline kicks some serious ###. The drum feature is one of the coolest I have ever seen.

Only a little tag to learn and the show is done. :-)

Come Catch Some Rays

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 and getting better every day!!

Says who?

43 and getting better every day!!

WHO is 43? Nah, it can't be! But, he's not the only one getting better every day. So are the Empire Statesmen.

Ahhh, catching some rays here in sunny Vienna, VA, a day after "Catchin' Some Rays" in snowy Rochester, NY. I love the warmer climate, but it's much better being with the Statesmen family.

Four tunes down, one to go. We're getting close to sealing the deal with this year's music package. If you're wondering what you will do for the summer, be a watcher or be a player, let me give you a piece of advice:

Go on, be a player. Join the 2006 Empire Statesmen!

Man this weekend ROCKED!!!

My arms dont hurt much, and thats shocking! My back isnt even bothering me after this weekend... I must be getting use to it! The only side-affect I have from camp is a numb thumb from the 1st valve slide thumb ring <**> :sigh: Whatever, its all worth it!

The hornline amazed me this weekend, espically when I was down towards the end, what a sound!

The drumline is starting to turn into the best that I have seen, and Collin just keeps bringing it... amazing!

The whole design team is amazing! Cant wait to see what Jamey has in store for us :sigh::sigh:

PS- Heard from the OH people, they got back, but House still has his away message up!?? Maybe he just stayed in OH for the night?

Says who?

Careful........! :music: Glad to hear you got home OK and, "Go Steelers!"

43 or not, anyone interested in joining a great organization that will "rock the house" this summer, stop by and choose for yourself! You won't be disappointed!

Catch Some Rays

ES06

^OO^

Careful........! :music: Glad to hear you got home OK and, "Go Steelers!"

43 or not, anyone interested in joining a great organization that will "rock the house" this summer, stop by and choose for yourself! You won't be disappointed!

Catch Some Rays

ES06

^OO^

Careful? Me?

HAH!

The sound of the hornline is amazing for this time of year - we're well ahead of last year - in fact, this winter reminds me very much of our 2004 season. The biggest difference is that we have retained a corps group of players who have been together for at least 3 years and have added very talented members to our line,both new and alumni. I'm priveleged to play with everyone in this hornline and continue to be amazed at our progress each camp.

I couldn't tell you too much about the drumline because I know nothing about it, but I do know that it sounds cool, lol. Colin McNutt was a good catch and so far I like what I hear.

What I can tell you is that the hornline really is amazing!! I found myself listening for a majority of the weekend because it sounds so good. I can't believe the sounds coming out of those horns, it is truly amazing and I'm completely blown away that it is only February. They will be smokin' by June, no doubt about it. I'm actually pretty jealous that I won't get to spend my whole summer in the line. :P

One last thing:

GO STEELERS!

I couldn't tell you too much about the drumline because I know nothing about it, but I do know that it sounds cool, lol. Colin McNutt was a good catch and so far I like what I hear.

What I can tell you is that the hornline really is amazing!! I found myself listening for a majority of the weekend because it sounds so good. I can't believe the sounds coming out of those horns, it is truly amazing and I'm completely blown away that it is only February. They will be smokin' by June, no doubt about it. I'm actually pretty jealous that I won't get to spend my whole summer in the line. :P

One last thing:

GO STEELERS!

That good eh?

It is so exciting to be in the line. I have never played in a line like this. Each section is so talented, no weakness. The baris knock my socks off. WOW! Sight reading e's and ah's like they are whole notes!

GAH!!! Still over a week til the next camp. I haven't been this excited in a while. It needs to be here sooner.

What are you doing on Feb. 18-19? i hope to see you at Mercy HS in Rochester.

ES-06: Catching Some Rays!

What a great group of friends and family we have at the Statesmen.

Come see what Tim and the rest are talking about on the 18th and 19th of February. We still have openings in all sections. We are NEVER full.

Contact me for additional details.

Statesmen peeps-if you are in Rochester this Saturday night, don't forget Gina has organized a recruiting booth for the Medina Winterguard show. Any help you can give her is appreciated and worthwhile.

Thanks Gina, Lane and I will be at our first indoor percussion competition with Victor!

PEACE