Salute to '81 DCA 25 years and not forgotten

Well we can also say the same thing for the sunrisers, Reading and Sky.

It was a great year for Drum Corps.

:music:

YES they did...it was the "Complete Package" Marching, wiped everyone out! Guard, Fabulous! Drums, Awesome! Horns, Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!! The "Complete Package" :huh::huh::music:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, how many times have I heard THAT comment?!? And if you look back a few years, you'll see the corps placed 9th in '66 (I think), too.

After I "unretired" the third time, I was lucky enough to be with Brigs in '93 for a finals placement of, you guessed it, 9th place.

A couple of "unretirements" later, I marched with Skyliners in 2001. And again...

Now if I could get everyone off my back about my "red and black tour", I may someday retire again in peace. That's why I have to get back in shape and back into MCL's horn line in time to place in finals some day. The heck with a ring. My goal would be a tie for 8th place...

again, blame Toomey....that's where i learned the phrase "retiring the 9th place trophy"

Yeah that's her! She was fun to hang out with that year, but that dang Sparkle tune was just annoying! hahaha!!!

You're thinking of Lynn Thomas and I haven't seen her since '93 DCI quarterfinals in Foxboro. I was with a very jealous former fiance at the time and didn't get much of a chance to talk with her and her then boyfriend, who was with her.

She and I were like brother and sister for a time. Lots of good times together. Yes, she was one of our DMs in '84 and I think '83 too. She and Red were married (about 1991?) and had a child but have been split for many years now.

I briefly regained contact with Lynn in about '96 or '97. Would LOVE to hear from her again. Last I heard, she was living on a farm down in Chester County somewhere...

And yes, she really did hate Sparkle, I'll vouch for that!

again, blame Toomey....that's where i learned the phrase "retiring the 9th place trophy"

Yeah, it's all Billy's fault!

When I get together with any of the guys, "retiring the 9th place trophy" always comes up. But of course, I get the three-peat trophy for "retiring the 9th place trophy" with three different corps, all three wearing red and black. Is that a triple triple?!?

Yeah that's her! She was fun to hang out with that year, but that dang Sparkle tune was just annoying! hahaha!!!

Well, if anyone ever runs into her, get her on here! She is one of the few people back east that I really, really miss.

Yeah, it's all Billy's fault!

When I get together with any of the guys, "retiring the 9th place trophy" always comes up. But of course, I get the three-peat trophy for "retiring the 9th place trophy" with three different corps, all three wearing red and black. Is that a triple triple?!?

i think it means you're buying :P