What would you do to revive Troopers?

MarkC

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both good ideas. The University credits are always a good point of entry, and I'm sure it wouldn't be infringing too much on the other corps to offer auditions in Colorado, Nevada and Texas.

Switching to Bb for financial reasons (resale and getting more kids in the door with less training time invested) is probably in order as well. I know G's are tradition, but I think that all things considered, it would be for the best.

Identity wise, not much to change. Troop is still "America's Corps", and has some great brand identity to build on. Great souvies as well....and with I'm sure 2007 will bring a rush to buy "We're back!' merch.

I think maybe one visual/percussion "big name" may be needed to bring a few curious souls in and raise awareness of the program as rebuilt, retooled and ready to get back into the Top 12.

As I understand it, Chuck will still be there in 2007 (which is great news, he's one of the most consistent arrangers of the past 12-15 years IMO), so that will help already.

Maybe grabbing the visual designer from a 6-8th place finisher such as Crown/Boston to step things up a little in that department...along with of course, some home grown Troop folks to keep the "Long Blue Line" tradition strong.

Show wise, plenty to choose from and still have it be "Trooper". Charles Ives is just as "American" as Copland or Bernstein. Maybe a nod to Ron Nelson even..."RPH" would be fun to hear again, and would be a dynamic chart for them to do.

However it plays out, I can't wait to see them back. :)

Good post. You get my vote to make all your plans happen!