biggest jump in placements

Actually he marched Frontier. Our uniforms are very close in appearance to what 27 wore before.

What can I say, Dickie's are cheap and if you are going to look like someone... why not 27 ;)

Chris, the Eastern Transplant to Texas... I wasn't born here, but got here as fast as I could

Chris,

So cool man! 27th! ... A nice uniform nitch to fill. It will add some variety to the homogeneity reflected in uniforms nowadays. Have a great year.

- Derek

Oh the days when whole crowds would ... :blink:

Edited by Brassop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank-

Thank you for the kind words. Having been in the corps from the organizational meeting up through 1986 I can attest to the fact that it was more than anyone could have expected both inside and outside of the Bushwackers. At one point the corps was 12 years old and had 6 DCA Championships. But 1986 was truly special. Thanks again for mentioning us among some great legends of DCA history!

John Gough

Bush 1981-86

Alumni 1987 & beyond

86 was the freakiest year ever in DCA.

In addition to Bush winning their first show ever at finals it was also the first time ever that the prelim winner didn't win finals (Bush leapfrogged Cabs and Steel City) which has still only happened one other time since then (96), and the 11th place corps from prelims actually won a caption! (Matadors took best color guard).

Edited by jth1206kp

He may claim Texas, but he's not a Texan. He was born in New Haven, Connecticut.

Thanks.

correct ~ but we don't want to claim him either. :peek:

Sorta can't forget that the Brigs were inactive for over 20 years!! Came back in 1992 with a 12 place finish, 9th in 93 and 94, 5th in 96...1st in 1997...etc..not too bad.

in '96 you could see the raw potential that Brigs had and that they would do serious damage the following season. it was something everyone i knew was talking about for weeks after finals.

So cool man! 27th! ... A nice uniform nitch to fill. It will add some variety to the homogeneity reflected in uniforms nowadays. Have a great year.

Uniform homogeniety - in DCA??? :peek::peek:

Edited by lipsprain

86 was the freakiest year ever in DCA.

In addition to Bush winning their first show ever at finals it was also the first time ever that the prelim winner didn't win finals (Bush leapfrogged Cabs and Steel City) which has still only happened one other time since then (96), and the 11th place corps from prelims actually won a caption! (Matadors took best color guard).

Y'know, as painful as that year's outcome was to some of us, that whole year from Serenade to Finals was outstanding. Front to back, it was the perfect DCA drum corps season, IMO.

Edited by lipsprain

I see by your profile photo that you marched 27th Lancers (Revere, MASSACHUSETTS).

Thanks.

My profile photo shows me marching Frontier Drum & Bugle Corps in 2005. I am a third generation Texan.

Sorry so off-topic.

Edited by FrontierEuph

I am still very proud of Cru's rise from nothing...not a field corps in 2004, to 12th, narrowly missing finals.

But Phoenix... sort of a parade corps in 1974, to 4th place in prelims in 1975 is something that I would bet no one will again accomplish.

Donny

It is astounding to me that a corps can go from inactive to what .... 13th? Same with Sky coming back. Two storied corps back in the fold! Awesome!