Bass Stands

Westshore Alumni uses a homemade stand designed by Andy Hostettler that he created for his First Class Percussion line, ages 4-13ish.

www.firstclasspercussion.com

One answer I know to this one would be the visuals incorporated into the performance.

One answer I know to this one would be the visuals incorporated into the performance.

I can see that.

BUT

Wouldn't wearing them create a whole new set of visuals to incorporate into the performance? (just playing devils advocate here ^0^ )

Edited by KiltieBD3

They want to win. Plain and simple.

In '95 and '96 Scouts we wore our drums for our bass ensemble, did full-body visuals and brought the house down and came in 2nd both years. '96 we even had a Disney theme to our ensemble and it was hilarious and well played with funky meters, time changes and monster beats. I saw SCV (the winning line) do their encore at Epcot that year before our whole corps did our exhibition and their feature was boring and played, same ol' same ol' drum to drum blah blah blah with their drums laid out on the ground and them running around them like every other bass ens you've ever seen.

Yes, I'm still bitter...

heh heh

Seriously though, if we had won in '96 and did that encore with our Disney theme, we would have got a standing O instead of golf claps like SCV did. #####es. <**>

I agree with not using stands.....i used one for the first part of the season last year (150 pound skinny guy carrying bottom didn't work sometimes) and then finals weekend i used one as much as possible....then again i had a broken collarbone so i guess that's an excuse

They want to win. Plain and simple.

In '95 and '96 Scouts we wore our drums for our bass ensemble, did full-body visuals and brought the house down and came in 2nd both years. '96 we even had a Disney theme to our ensemble and it was hilarious and well played with funky meters, time changes and monster beats. I saw SCV (the winning line) do their encore at Epcot that year before our whole corps did our exhibition and their feature was boring and played, same ol' same ol' drum to drum blah blah blah with their drums laid out on the ground and them running around them like every other bass ens you've ever seen.

Yes, I'm still bitter...

heh heh

Seriously though, if we had won in '96 and did that encore with our Disney theme, we would have got a standing O instead of golf claps like SCV did. #####es. <**>

I would love to see that. Your ensemble in Scouts and more BD lines wear them for IE. Just my opinion though.