Capital Regiment ContraCam

eqlou

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really cool, and I hope that we can see this type of thing on DVDs in the future--but on baritones of course! :) I'd like to see the show from a guard (weapon) point of view too. I might just have to invest in one of those cameras and let a corps do this for me. What type of camera is used for this type of thing?

Very nice idea Capital Regiment!

I'm looking forward to hearing "Sleep" too!

• 2 months later...

Man, that rocked. Contra gets a good perspective because it's the only horn that has an unobstructed view towards the front, too.

I just showed it to one of my friends over IM, and she says that it would be silly to put a cam on a mello.. lol

This is really cool, and I hope that we can see this type of thing on DVDs in the future--but on baritones of course! :) I'd like to see the show from a guard (weapon) point of view too. I might just have to invest in one of those cameras and let a corps do this for me. What type of camera is used for this type of thing?

Very nice idea Capital Regiment!

I'm looking forward to hearing "Sleep" too!

What would be the point of putting a camera on a rifle or sabre? You would get pretty motion sick from watching it spin, but seeing it in the air during a toss might be cool.

What would be the point of putting a camera on a rifle or sabre? You would get pretty motion sick from watching it spin, but seeing it in the air during a toss might be cool.

That'd be cool :)

Only problem I could forsee is that the camera could break or lose signal if the piece of equipment gets dropped.

The last thing you'd want at finals is a "cam" on ANYTHING of a performer. Too many technical variables that could cause a whole cascade of issues that would be detrimental to a corps' performance. As a director, I'd tell whoever was coming to me with the idea to go pound sand--or pay me LOTS OF CASHOLA to do it.

THAT being said...

I think this video was the coolest thing I've seen in a LONG LONG time. Thanks to whoever posted it.

And to Einstein....whew. Glad I'm not you.