Loudest Bari-Line Ever/BEST Bari-Line Ever Sr.s ONLY

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the 2002 loudest baritone contest, I got a 128 on the decibel meter. :P

And I'm a Bushwacker. I'm just sayin'

And our bari/euph line this year is ridiculously talented. I can't wait until we hit the field...

But honestly, the quality of sound in DCA hornlines improves a ton every season...what's expected of us, the difficulty of the book, the instruction is top notch, and the competitiveness is at an all time high.

2006 is going to be an amazing year for DCA corps, and fans alike.

Chris,

I wonder if the parameters were the same? As best I can remember it, we used Schrimmer's decibel meter and stood 5 yards away. (Even with ear plugs in, we couldn't stand any closer)

This was the same day that Minero marched a perfect 8 to 5, blind-folded, from the front sideline to the front hash after I told him that would be impossible. The really amazing part was that he was able to march a straight line at that point of the BBQ.

Chris,

I wonder if the parameters were the same? As best I can remember it, we used Schrimmer's decibel meter and stood 5 yards away. (Even with ear plugs in, we couldn't stand any closer)

This was the same day that Minero marched a perfect 8 to 5, blind-folded, from the front sideline to the front hash after I told him that would be impossible. The really amazing part was that he was able to march a straight line at that point of the BBQ.

I only remember hitting 120 :)

But I like your estimation better.

Chris,

Ah yes, Drum Corps Olympics at Tri Chem. I remember the blindfolded Figure 8 box. I think Bubba had to do it "Clifton" style if I remember correctly.

OK Fred, you got me going now

Enough Said, in my opinion one of the best and loudest Bari lines in the country could be no other than the 1967 & 1969 CT Hurricanes; I am proud to say that I played with some of best Bari players of the time and they still can be heard for a good part of us are now with the Park City Pride.

Bill S

SOMF

CT Hurricanes

Park City Pride

FL Brass

...but in the good old days...Sky and Hurcs used to wail those horns! What about Phil Vizzi...BLASTISSIMO!!!

Donny

Donny, were you talkin about Phill Vizzo????? Yikes shoulda heard Him (Vito) Me, RayBoy and Roger (Ohio) in 89 (Only 4 leads)!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Listen to 89 Exit West Side Story..4 leads at BLASTISSIMO!!!

Edited by Fred Steiner Jr.

Maybe you can take a look at some of the old Caballero Corps....

1976, 1977 comes to mind.

More recent....

1995, 1996

And then theres the Cabs Alumni....

(pick ANY year.....those guys are LOUD........and not just the leads....but the seconds and thirds as well. Listen to Flamenco ChaCha.......that bari line will just blow your socks off!!!)

Frank, You are very right! Cabs always had a strong Bari line as well as always pretty Large! still 'member the 60's too!!! :rolleyes:

OK Fred, you got me going now

Enough Said, in my opinion one of the best and loudest Bari lines in the country could be no other than the 1967 & 1969 CT Hurricanes; I am proud to say that I played with some of best Bari players of the time and they still can be heard for a good part of us are now with the Park City Pride.

Bill S

CT Hurricanes

Park City Pride

FL Brass

Bill, Gotta agree here too! those were two GREAT Bari lines especially for volume! I'll take one of your quotes and pervert it for my own use "and they still can be heard" ,.....once the Earth Spins around Yeah they were THAT loud!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Fred Steiner Jr.

Yeah Phil (Blastissimo) Vizzo. He still teaches drill for the Hurcs. When I worked with them 2 years ago, I was in the hotel room and I heard this sound like nothing I had ever before...but I could make out the melody of Mag 7 at a volume I couldnt believe. I went out in the hallway and it was Phil with a baritone in his hand.

Donny

Yeah Phil (Blastissimo) Vizzo. He still teaches drill for the Hurcs. When I worked with them 2 years ago, I was in the hotel room and I heard this sound like nothing I had ever before...but I could make out the melody of Mag 7 at a volume I couldnt believe. I went out in the hallway and it was Phil with a baritone in his hand.

Donny

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO! and Vito was not even the loudest of those 4 I listed in 1989 Vito IS VERY LOUD THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: Listen to 89 exit Donny....4 Leads!!!!! also ask "Tripper" he marched a parade with Hank and I before!