Loudest Bari-Line Ever/BEST Bari-Line Ever Sr.s ONLY

:worthy: OK, I'll go first....Loudest ever SKY :worthy: ... :) Best Ever 2001 Brigs. :worthy: ..Sorry I'm prejudiced,but Far and Away the best Bari Line I ever heard. :worthy: Now OT....Loudest 4 LEAD Baris Only... b**bs 89 Hurcs Vito, Roger,Rayboy and Fred b**bs ask the Naval Academy Baris that did a show with us!!!! OT Loudest single Bari EVER Mr. John Donovan Hurcs, CT. Alumni :worthy:

PS WHAT PART OF BARI LINE AND SENIORS ONLY PS(NOT JUNIORS OR CONTRAS) DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^0^ ^0^

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Edited by Fred Steiner Jr.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1983 Sunrisers are at the top of my list.

Only 10 baritones that year. Listen to the recording of Sun at DCA Finals that year, and it sounds more like 25. Those guys could bring some serious heat!!!!

I think I still have powder burns remaining from standing in front of those guys at the Scranton show in '83. ^OO^

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

1972 Rochester Crusaders...1975 Phoenix....both had choice members and a great sound.

Bushwackers always have a great low brass as well, more recently than the 70's.

Sky probably the loudest...with old Hurcs not far behind.

Donny

1972 Rochester Crusaders...1975 Phoenix....both had choice members and a great sound.

Donny

OHHHHHH Donny!!!!!!!! Youjust reminded me of 69' Hurcs.... there is one guy in that line that you can hear on the 69' Dream MP3!!!!!!!!!! you can specifically hear Mr. John Donovan.............. far and away.......... the loudest single Baritone Player I Have EVER heard in my life!!!!!!!!!! The son of a B#$%H plays in tune TOO!!!!!!! I played ONE Night next to John at a CT. Alumni Rehearsal............ NEVER AGAIN! Couldn't hear what (I) was playing!!!!!!!!! MAN!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Edited by Fred Steiner Jr.

1983 Sunrisers are at the top of my list.

Only 10 baritones that year. Listen to the recording of Sun at DCA Finals that year, and it sounds more like 25. Those guys could bring some serious heat!!!!

I think I still have powder burns remaining from standing in front of those guys at the Scranton show in '83. ^OO^

Fran

I hear ya Fran.....(been there, done that...did it all season.. :worthy: )

Tony B)

I hear ya Fran.....(been there, done that...did it all season.. :worthy: )

Tony B)

I haven't heard mention of any of Spirit of Atlantas bari lines ! '79, '80, and '81 comes to mind...

Donny

Donny, read somewhere that the Phoenix Baris had Olds Duratones with the flat/frosted finish. Any idea if that is true and any idea if any other horns had that funky finish.

Wondering because Westshore had Olds Duraones but for Contras/Baris only.

72 Cru and 75 Phoneix were loud the whole way around.... And Loud is Good

"Loud is God": :worthy:

Going back a "Few" years: The New York Skyliners and Connecticut Hurricanes may lead the list as far as "Loud" goes, with their "Big Horns" of the 1960s way out in front. Dig out your olde Fleetwoods of Sky or the Hurcs at the 1966 Legion Nationals, or the 1969 DCA Finals and you'll most definitly get an "Earfull" of LOUD baritones.

Both Joe Genero and Hy Drietzer managed to get a great FULL and loud sound out of their baritone lines, without a lot of blasting and "Stand Outs" overblowing their parts. And remember, these guys were using the olde Getzen GD valve/slide baritones, not the "High Tech" horns of Century 21.

Elphaba

Average Decibel Levels

110 -120 rock concert

120 jet plane (at ramp)

120 ambulance siren

120 thunder

125 chain saw

126 Jerome Kimbrough from the Bushwackers (This was measured once at Tri_Chem)

OK, so there are some louder things in the world.

150 artillery fire at 500 feet

180 rocket launching from pad

http://www.lhh.org/noise/decibel.htm if you're interested