Loudest Bari-Line Ever/BEST Bari-Line Ever Sr.s ONLY

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1972 Rochester Crusaders...1975 Phoenix....both had choice members and a great sound.

Bushwackers always have a great low brass as well, more recently than the 70's.

Sky probably the loudest...with old Hurcs not far behind.

Donny

:blink:

DA - I will be probably the only person from outside the East to vote the '72 Cru bari line as one of the best..I just bought a copy of the recording that was made at the Racine Exhibition show right before Legion ( since it's the ONLY recording of my first year with MBI) As much as I love listening to Cabs for pure power, the Cru show will always be one of my favorites..That bari line absolutely kicked butt, especially during the tune going into concert (Bachanalle ?)..JC Superstar was great as well.

To throw in another obscure vote, being biased as well is the 1992 MBI Bari line. If you listen to most of the show, the baris are making huge runs at about 160 during about half the show. OK, we run out of gas at the end, but there were only 12 or 13 of us. It was the best section I ever got to play with...and they carried me most of the year.

Loudest is still the Cabs lines from the late 70's...The newer lines might include 2004 and 2005 Reading.

My apologies to my friends in the Renegades.

Pat

10 Baris,,,nuff said

http://www.gca-net.com/SunrisersAudio/audio-1980s.html

click on 83...heheh

:blink: ^OO^ :blink: ^OO^

(OK, so I'm a little bias)

B)

:blink:

DA - I will be probably the only person from outside the East to vote the '72 Cru bari line as one of the best..I just bought a copy of the recording that was made at the Racine Exhibition show right before Legion ( since it's the ONLY recording of my first year with MBI) As much as I love listening to Cabs for pure power, the Cru show will always be one of my favorites..That bari line absolutely kicked butt, especially during the tune going into concert (Bachanalle ?)..JC Superstar was great as well.

To throw in another obscure vote, being biased as well is the 1992 MBI Bari line. If you listen to most of the show, the baris are making huge runs at about 160 during about half the show. OK, we run out of gas at the end, but there were only 12 or 13 of us. It was the best section I ever got to play with...and they carried me most of the year.

Loudest is still the Cabs lines from the late 70's...The newer lines might include 2004 and 2005 Reading.

My apologies to my friends in the Renegades.

Pat

No apologies necessary here Pat.......... we're just all remembering Great Bari Lines that's all.....

hopefully nobody gets their panties tied in a knot!!

One of the guys that I play with in Prime Time Brass (Boomer)..played in that Cru 72 line and ALSO the brigs in 2001-2002? if I am not mistken. He still will tell anyone who will listen that the bari line in 1972 Crusaders was the best line he has EVER played with which sayd alot to me.

They were strong I will say that!

Donny

Loudest Bari line ever..........ERIE THUNDERBIRDS MINI CORPS' 1995.............(recorded on Tape....remember Tape?......from the audience) "WOW" those five Bari's could blow anybody in DCA away".

We were playing Mag 7 at the time and the "POOPS" (god rest his soul) was the 3rd Bari anchor.

Oh ya....that's when we scored 100+5.

Edited by melligene

One of the guys that I play with in Prime Time Brass (Boomer)..played in that Cru 72 line and ALSO the brigs in 2001-2002? if I am not mistken. He still will tell anyone who will listen that the bari line in 1972 Crusaders was the best line he has EVER played with which sayd alot to me.

They were strong I will say that!

Donny

Donny, You mean to tell me "Boomer" marched in 72???????????? he's crazy, I marched with him in Brigs 2001......... unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS Always thought he was a little "Insane" Please tell him I said Hi!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Fred Steiner Jr.

Yep, gotta agree, John is the loudest baritone I've ever heard. I have played next to him and its bearable, but never, ever, play in front of him. He was a little subdued today, with Frank Dorritie running the rehearsal.

:worthy: Fred,I have to agree with you about John Donovan he is the singlemost loudest bari player on the planet ...its with great pleasure to say i played/play alongside him w/The CT Alumni and Now Park City Pride last nights rehearsal at Pride 21 Bari's OH MY LORD were we loud also have to say ...NICE AVITAR :worthy::worthy: Also i agree with Fran Herring on the LOUDEST OVERALL HORNLINE PCP

• 2 weeks later...

Without a doubt, the Skyliners bari lines of the 60's, 70's and 80's, had to be the loudest. It didn't matter if they had 9 or 14, or anywhere in between, individually and as a line they were incredibly loud, and CLEAN!

Wanna get a feel for the way it used to be, catch the Skyliners Alumni at Harrisburg in April, they will probably damage the Forum again!