Why Where Results Posted on BOA First!

Somebody shut this... this is Mt. Everest from an anthill.

ContraJohn, go outside. Get some sun. Take some valium. The world is still here.

At this rate, one day, DCI is going to be sued for something it hasn't invented yet...

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE TOMORROW'S SCORES POSTED YET?! YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE!!

(I'm going to be sick...)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody shut this... this is Mt. Everest from an anthill.

ContraJohn, go outside. Get some sun. Take some valium. The world is still here.

At this rate, one day, DCI is going to be sued for something it hasn't invented yet...

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE TOMORROW'S SCORES POSTED YET?! YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE!!

(I'm going to be sick...)

WOW...sounds like someone has issues of their own. Yikes!!!!

Here's the real problem. DCI told one group of people one thing, and then told another that they'd be the favoured group leaving the first hanging.

This may seem small, but I was always taught to honour your commitments. Those who voted were left hanging in favour of a more covetted group. I don't find it unusual that some people feel slighted by this.

Regards,

John Swartz

It does seem small. Very, very small IMHO. I can understand the logic certainly, but I guess my reaction would be "oh well, I guess they changed their minds." It certainly wouldn't be one of indignance. I would not think twice about it.

Much ado bout nothin IMO.

Edited by jwscv87

We all appreciate your efforts in posting this information. You did a great service in getting the information out to us. Something that DCI failed to do in this case with it's own fans. DCI gave you the opportunity to scoop this on a website devoted to BOA.

Like I said earlier, Bands of America had nothing to do with this. My friend Dan and I are not a BOA source. We are die-hard fans of the marching arts. Marching Band, Drum Corps, Winter Guard, Winter Percussion, you name it. The Classic Countdown results were posted on the BOA Forums fist because well...we thought it would have been on DrumCorpsPlanet already. That's why we didn't even bother to check DCP.

The people who voted did so on DCI's site. DCI should have given their fans the scoop first.

You have to realize that there was a large DCI contingent at the Texas Music Educators Association Convention in San Antonio this past weekend. Maybe a website delay was the cause?? I don't know.

While I agree that DCI should have posted the results on the website first, DCI kind of did give the fans the scoop first. I'm a drum corps fan, I voted for the Classic Countdown, Dan Acheson announced the results to me at the theatre. I know that's not what you were talking about. But, my point is this....there were Classic Countdown voters and drum corps fans in the theatres.

Once again, the Bands of America organization had no part in this whatsoever. Do not place the blame on them. BOA is an organization that is dear to my heart and I hate to see their name being dragged into this.

Edited by MBDC Plaza

Once again, the Bands of America organization had no part in this whatsoever. Do not place the blame on them. BOA is an organization that is dear to my heart and I hate to see their name being dragged into this.

I don't think anyone here has blamed BOA. I hope that impression was not given. I am very disappointed on the behavior of those that oppose my opinion and those who agree with me. This is the saddest thing of all.

Mike, I don't think you're going to get through to this guy. Sounds like he has his mind pretty made up, and even hearing it straight from the source hasn't changed him.

I think most of us can realize that the results were not given to BOA or anything of the sort. Rather, they were given to a particular group of DCI fans, fans who had voted in the countdown. Some of those fans just happened to be BOA fans as well, and BOA forums regulars.

Really, where's the problem? It's quite common for announcements to be made to a certain group of people, before they are announced publicly. I was at the Colts game where the deal was announced for the new stadium here. We were the first people to hear about the stadium, and the public had to wait until the newspapers reported it the next day. i don't see this issue with DCI being any different, and I'm pretty amused that anyone could find fault with DCI for this. :rolleyes:

Oh My God!!!!! the results were posted on the BOA site before I heard about it. I don't know how to deal with such a thing. I think I might have to go and cut off all of my fingers, clean the wounds with lemon juice, and dry them off with sand paper.

Mike, I don't think you're going to get through to this guy. Sounds like he has his mind pretty made up, and even hearing it straight from the source hasn't changed him.

This person's explanation of what happened has nothing(though it was informative) to do with my concern. What exactly do you mean by "Sounds like he has his mind pretty made up,". What does this explanation have to do with my concern? Again, another opposing opinion that turns into a personal attack. WOW....

I think most of us can realize that the results were not given to BOA or anything of the sort.

I think you miss his point.

He understands the results were not given directly to BOA.

He understands the results were not posted BY BOA, but rather on a BOA forum by independent fans.

He blames DCI for announcing the results to a subset of fans, which in turn, allowed for the results to make it to a BOA forum before all the voting, DCI fans could see them on DCIs site.

That makes him upset.

I think that is silly - not a big deal.

To each their own...

I am very disappointed on the behavior of those that oppose my opinion and those who agree with me. This is the saddest thing of all.

Yes, I would think it would be sad if you were disappointed not only with those who oppose your opinion, but those who agree with you as well. Sounds like you'll just never be happy. And that is your choice. I agree, that IS sad.