Why Where Results Posted on BOA First!

I personally believe we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain.--Jane Wagner

Oh, wouldn't the world seem dull and flat with nothing whatever to grumble at?--W.S. Gilbert

Those who do not complain are never pitied.--Jane Austen

The world is sad enough without your woe.--Orison Swett Marden

Hey...someone smack the smart ###--John Riccardi :P

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...someone smack the smart ###--John Riccardi :P

can i expect to hear this quote at the next rehearsal John? :rolleyes:

i gotta say that i can't believe who released the information to the fans first is such an issue. :rolleyes:

what would you all be looking for to criticize DCI for if they hadn't come up with the idea of the Classic Countdown in the first place???? i mean they are giving something BIG to the fans, but lets find something to nit-pick about, because it still isn't good enough for us. :wub: that's how it comes across!!!!

it would seem if Dan A. had the list for this meeting that it was completed on time, yet not released ON LINE on time. could there have been a computer glitch? maybe a power outtage? something that prevented TECHNOLOGY from allowing it to be online at a stated time, yet the people involved did their part.

we may never have the answers as to WHY, but it would seems it's far easier and more fun to bash DCI anyways. honestly i'm sitting here shaking my head and wonder why they even bother. it's really pretty sad IMO. :(

hey i'm told on here daily i hate drum corps but i didnt bash DCI :P

I'm the one who posted the results on the BOA website.

Heh, I figured I would probably know who it was that had the scoop. No surprise that it was you and Mike. :P

i gotta say that i can't believe who released the information to the fans first is such an issue. :rolleyes:

what would you all be looking for to criticize DCI for if they hadn't come up with the idea of the Classic Countdown in the first place???? i mean they are giving something BIG to the fans, but lets find something to nit-pick about, because it still isn't good enough for us. :wub: that's how it comes across!!!!

it would seem if Dan A. had the list for this meeting that it was completed on time, yet not released ON LINE on time. could there have been a computer glitch? maybe a power outtage? something that prevented TECHNOLOGY from allowing it to be online at a stated time, yet the people involved did their part.

we may never have the answers as to WHY, but it would seems it's far easier and more fun to bash DCI anyways. honestly i'm sitting here shaking my head and wonder why they even bother. it's really pretty sad IMO. :(

What She Said!!!!!!

You know, ContraJohn, you were all upset that it was "leaked to BOA first" initially... then when it was discovered that it wasn't "leaked to BOA first" but that a FAN had posted the results on his own, wholly independent of both DCI and BOA, all of a sudden, you're just mad that DCI "didn't take it's own fans into account."

Did you know? DCI was addressing its fans at TMEA.. didn't you know that band directors who are likely to attend free screenings of Cadets, Cavaliers and Regiment are also what we lowly peons know as "fans?"

And hey.. maybe the announcement was made at 5PM in Texas!! Maybe it wasn't late at all.. maybe they figured there'd be guys there with Blackberries, rabid to post to DCP and put it up for them?? LOL Honestly, this is much ado about nothing..

It seems to me the fact that there is a Classic Countdown in April AT ALL is absolute proof that DCI has and constantly does take its fans into consideration..

It seems there are just always going to be folks who need something to ##### about. Order your ticket and get excited about the show, already.. it's just drum corps! There's no great conspiracy.. just people doing their jobs and doing them the best they can.

Stef

At that event, we’ll announce the final selections for the 2006 "DCI Classic Countdown," appearing in select movie theaters on Thursday, April 27.[/i]

Here's the real problem. DCI told one group of people one thing, and then told another that they'd be the favoured group leaving the first hanging.

This may seem small, but I was always taught to honour your commitments. Those who voted were left hanging in favour of a more covetted group. I don't find it unusual that some people feel slighted by this.

Regards,

John Swartz

Edited by sarnia sam

...This may seem small, but I was always taught to honour your commitments. Those who voted were left hanging in favour of a more covetted group. I don't find it unusual that some people feel slighted by this.

Yes....this is what I am talking about. Oh...but it feels so good to be spanked by Stef. Kinda wants me to be naughty again. Ha!!! b**bs Stef.....I appreciate your feed back. I do respect your views very much.

Again I'll ask...

Did you send a formal complaint (email, letter, phonecall) to DCI about this four hour delay? Did you enquire AT ALL with DCI to see if perhaps there was a reason the information was four hours late in arriving where you expected it to arrive??

Or did you just feel like venting on a message board to people who are in absolutely no position to do anything about it??