Who had the Better Ending in 2000?

Who had the better ending in 2000  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Simple, who had the better ending in 2000?

• Cadets
    • Cavaliers

Ask/look at the audience...

Cavies...clapping

Cadets...STANDING O before the show is even over.

Uhh, I seem to remember the crowd going nuts before the Cavaliers show was over that year. As soon as they started working their way into the huge diamond. Then they went into their Cavies thing that they do, and the place went nuts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I am not the only one that hears the trumpets sticking out and cracking. After Thursday night I thought the Cavies were going to catch them comparing the strides from Allentown. Don't get me wrong I love the beginning and the last five minutes of the Cadets, but that ballad seemed to go on for about 10 minutes to me. Once they turned the tempo up it sure was a lot of fun.

Haha, I also think it's kind of a stretch to call a show the best show ever if it TIED with another show . . . that brings up the point that another show is at least as good :P

After Thursday night I thought the Cavies were going to catch them comparing the strides from Allentown.

After Thursday night, I didn't think it possible for any corps to catch the Cadets. That was one of the most impressive drum corps performances I have ever seen. They simply owned the field that night in every single way. By Saturday, after the fun and games of the drum solo was over, it was pretty clear to me that they were leaving the door open.

Design wise there really is no question who had the better ending. The Cavaliers really had the complete package in terms of music and visual complementing each other.

I have problems with The Cadets desgin that year. There were moments in their show where the design wasn't as fluid or as interesting as The Cavaliers. (ie: didn't make any sense) The ballad, the 3rd song, the free-for-all section really, really hurt the show as an entire package. The beginning is great, the ending after the drum solo is great (expect for guard during the company front, who's idea was that mess) but as a whole is really just average.

Performance wise, I think The Cadets were better than the Cavaliers, except for finals night. The Cadets did not have a good night, especially brass wise. WOW, that was quiet an underwhelming performance. Certainly not their finest hour.

So, I know which one I like more (The Cavaliers) but I also feel that they had the better ending as well.

Wow.

You must not know much past 2000 then...

Wow.

:worthy::ph34r: :sshh:

I've seen at least 200 or so shows dating back to the early '70s, and I listen to about 100 on a regular basis. I've memorized at least 50, musically, from beginning to end. And I can say, without any doubt, that I believe Cadets 2000 is the best drum corps show of all time.

Don't get me wrong I love the beginning and the last five minutes of the Cadets, but that ballad seemed to go on for about 10 minutes to me.

...It was one of their shortest ballads ever. 1:45 or somewhere around there.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Uhh, I seem to remember the crowd going nuts before the Cavaliers show was over that year. As soon as they started working their way into the huge diamond. Then they went into their Cavies thing that they do, and the place went nuts.

The Cadets "unwinding drill" had the entire stadium up not to mention a huge partial standing ovation at the drum breaks and the "pressing your neighbor's valves" section. The crowd did go nuts for The Cavaliers but they were ROARING before the show was over.

yeah i remember everyone jumping up for the Cavies too, but to be honest, it was a pro East corps audience.

yeah i remember everyone jumping up for the Cavies too, but to be honest, it was a pro East corps audience.

That's besides the point, the audience was on its feet.