Most Intimidating Look

Kingsmen, then and now....

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't know about the corps proper, but those drum majors are awesome. Any truth to the rumors that they carry real revolvers and sabres?

I would guess that the sabre is NOT live steel (meaning a sharp edge), but I DO know that at least in the 80s the pistol was a working air gun.

Todd Swanson -- BD DM in 83 -- was a Trooper alum before goibng to Concord (euph, I think)...the way he told the story, during retreat one time in 83 he was standing next to the Troop DM...who he'd marched with. Todd said something (probably one of those joking insults friends can deliver), and the Troop DM pulled the airpistol and shot Todd in the foot right there on the line.

Todd turns to fellow BD Dm Gary Zinter and says "he shot me in the foot"

Gary: "Good"

I would guess that the sabre is NOT live steel (meaning a sharp edge), but I DO know that at least in the 80s the pistol was a working air gun.

Todd Swanson -- BD DM in 83 -- was a Trooper alum before goibng to Concord (euph, I think)...the way he told the story, during retreat one time in 83 he was standing next to the Troop DM...who he'd marched with. Todd said something (probably one of those joking insults friends can deliver), and the Troop DM pulled the airpistol and shot Todd in the foot right there on the line.

Todd turns to fellow BD Dm Gary Zinter and says "he shot me in the foot"

Gary: "Good"

b**bs

Can't believe I forgot about them.....those guys were some serious bad-###es!!

I remember during the "West Side Story" show, in the "Rumble" sequence, they looked liked they had plenty of umm...."experience". :sshh:

The Royal Airs in their heyday were someone else not to mess with.....they liked to kick each other's ###es just for sport! :P

My actual marching experience in drum corps sort of mirrors Crash Davis in "Bull Durham" - I was only in the show a short time. But I remember the first show in Kenosha's Ice Bowl. All the corps dressed in a nearby armory, and the Kilties were placed between Des Plaines and the Cavaliers. The Blue Stars were the surprise winners that night. I remember changing into my civies while listening to guys from Des Plaines pounding on tables while chanting, "We don't take no #%@& from Cavaliers. The Cavies didn't say anything - they just slowly wrapped their belt buckles to their fists with their belts. Needless to say, I got the heck out of their FAST.

te gay people in each corps intimadate

spandex scares the crap out of me

Edited by Silver_King

At least one othr person on this thread understands!!!!

I'll take my Les Chatelaines over your Ventures any day friend. b**bs

I remember marching in the 80s being intimidated by The Ventures. Those Skirts and Boots....man, that scared the heck out of us!

:P