The Yamaha "Digital Trumpet"...

Interesting. Someday more than likely it will happen. It will be sad for those of us who will be old timers by that point, but by growing it will help ensure that the activity remains. It has to evolve or no one will want to do it. If Drum corps still looked like it did in 1970, I wouldn't have marched. Even though I have really come to love the old school stuff, I was attracted by the modern style. It would really suck though if you remove the talent requirement. (Which is what those appear to me to have done.) We have taken a small step in the electronic marching direction in WGI. Last years scholastic world champs marched electronic drums for the end of their show. It is feasible, but still a ways off IMHO.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Someday more than likely it will happen. It will be sad for those of us who will be old timers by that point, but by growing it will help ensure that the activity remains. It has to evolve or no one will want to do it. If Drum corps still looked like it did in 1970, I wouldn't have marched. Even though I have really come to love the old school stuff, I was attracted by the modern style. It would really suck though if you remove the talent requirement. (Which is what those appear to me to have done.) We have taken a small step in the electronic marching direction in WGI. Last years scholastic world champs marched electronic drums for the end of their show. It is feasible, but still a ways off IMHO.

Geez.

What's next?

Drummers "speaking," instead of playing?

:lol:

I love the fact that you would consider moving halfway around the world before considering a DCA corps!

Must be those schoolgirls ^0^ <p>

wa042.jpg

We still have "G" horns in Japan, no electronics required, or needed. Check the latest issue of DCW for more info.

..but, wait, there's more!

http://www.digitaltrumpet.com.au/

ps-case-inner.jpg

Click on "multimedia" and you can hear it in action. :)

Merely press a button to take ya' up an 8va? Kick that Morrison out The Doors!

Cozy

Merely press a button to take ya' up an 8va? Kick that Morrison out The Doors!

Cozy

:lol:

Cozy ! Enough with the puns buddy!

This is what you'll see in the next Star of Indiana project..Instead of the electronic mic'd horns they used in Blast! :P

Pat

i thought he played guitar. :angel:

No he didn't play a ###### thing.

Huh..your always putting words into his mouth.. <**>

Why dont you ask him, smartguy..? :sshh:

I have.

He deletes my messages without reading them.

Smart Guy.