Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke, a well known and popular support member for various corps and guards in Southern Ontario, lost his battle with cancer this morning.

Paul was involved with several corps and guards in Ontario, as a support member, a staff member and a board member. He was extremely dedicated, and was always willing to lend a helping hand.

On a personal note, Paul and his family opened their home for me on several occasions in 1996, when I was the drum major of St. John's. I often found myself sleeping on their couch, and awaking to a home cooked breakfast. Rides to and from rehearsal were available whenever I asked. I look back on those memories fondly.

Paul is survived by his wife, Kim, and his two daughters, Shannon and Samantha.

R.I.P. Paul, and thanks for everything.

I marched with Paul in the Dutch Boy Cadets and The K-W Northstars during the 70's. You wouldn't have found a nicer guy to be your friend, but he also liked a good practical joke, as we all did.

This is truly a sad day for all of us that knew him and of course his family and parents.

Paul Clarke

Rest in Peace

My Drum Corps Brother.

:angel:

Edited by ODBC

Funeral arrangements from the K-W Record for Paul Clarke:

The funeral service was conducted on Monday March 13, 2006 at 11:00am.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society.

Edited by ODBC

I have some great memories of Paul from my tours with St. Johns as a member in 1998 and as staff in 2004. He was always a joker, and I was one of his favourite victims. The man loved drum corps, and tour was always better when he was chaperoning. I don't think there was one member who didn't like having Paul around. He would be the voice of reason to calm first year parents with his "We did the same #### and more when I was a kid in corps" stories too. :)

Like Geoff said, the Clarke house was always open for out of town corps members. He and Kim were extremely dedicated volunteers.

The guard show on Saturday won't be the same without seeing him there.

I as well spent many nights on the Clarkes couch between rehearsal and tour. Paul was actually the person who recruited me to march St. John's back in the day - I'll always remember his kindness, passion and humour. It seems like him and I could 'chat' drum corps for hours - sometimes agreeing, sometimes disagreeing but always an interesting and meaningful conversation. I was lucky enought to return to St. John's several years later as a staff member to find Paul still invovled with the corps, this time as Assistant Corps Director. It was great to be around him once again.

Thanks for everything Paul, I'll always remember the times we shared.

Kim, Shannon and Sam - Thinking of you.

Paul Clarke 100% embodies drum corps. If you want to know what drum corps is all about all you need to do is describe him. Paul is a family man and if you marched with him or one of his daughters you where in his family, and he would treat you like that. If he could do something to help you he would. Even if what you needed was a kick in the butt. Since I have known him he has never been involved in just one part of drum corps. If Paul was writting drill for the winter guard he was also making props, driving the truck, cooking meals and many other job. But no matter how busy he was he alway had time to just talk to you special if there was a story from back in the day. He was deciated and passionate about drum corps and passed that on to many of us, and for that I thank you. Paul is the type of person that you could really look up too. He gave everthing he had to his family, friend and his drum corps. Alot of the thing Paul has taugh me I have been teach the kids I teach for 10 year now. The most important lesson is that the people you march with are your family. The people you sweat with. The people you work hard with. The people you clebrate with, and the people who you morn with. Most importantly the people who will always be there for you many years after your drum corps days are done.

Thank you Kim, Shannon and Sam for sharing Paul with all of us. He will always me a part of who I am.

“A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.” - Forest E. Witcroft