• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really that pertinent how big their pit is or isn't? One or two people doesn't really seem like a big deal. What exactly are we trying to figure out?

Is it really that pertinent how big their pit is or isn't? One or two people doesn't really seem like a big deal. What exactly are we trying to figure out?

I don't think it makes that big a difference to anyone.. it's just a point of discussion.. when a corps takes something that's commonly accepted as "the norm" (i.e., the size of the battery is pretty consistent from DI to DI) and shakes it up.. it's conversation fodder..

Will it work. .will it have an impact at all? Will it prove that adding amps will make the size of the pit shrink so other sections can expand?.. just points of conversation.. I don't think anyone's singling out any corps or another because of the size of their pit.

Stef

so I've not been blown away by their programs of late... but i'll admit i'm anticipating to hear this

I don't think it makes that big a difference to anyone.. it's just a point of discussion.. when a corps takes something that's commonly accepted as "the norm" (i.e., the size of the battery is pretty consistent from DI to DI) and shakes it up.. it's conversation fodder..

Will it work. .will it have an impact at all? Will it prove that adding amps will make the size of the pit shrink so other sections can expand?.. just points of conversation.. I don't think anyone's singling out any corps or another because of the size of their pit.

Stef

In 2006, one less percussionist (pit minus one) than in 2005 and - if memory serves - than in 2004 and 2003. We marched 132 members in 2005....one less field conductor in 2006 as well.

We'll not be offering any (audio) in any camp clips at this point until either the beginning (or near the beginning) of the summer....which is our usual Modus Operandi.

jeff

People in the pit take away from the amount of people on the field.

So do singers!!!! :rolleyes::bleah:

...okay.

So, since the Cavaliers, who finished second, can't hack it, who can deliver:

1)correct marching technique

2)correct posture

3)challenging music

Is it the Cadets? 'Cause there's only one corps that placed higher than the Cavaliers.

Just wondering who it is... that is the pinnacle of the above list... that we should be looking for. :)

Looking forward to marching technique for the mentally challenged, bad posture, and easy music from the Cavies, as always.

*****bag