Old WGI Photos

lnavis

Oh, gosh, not an expert! I have a lot of interest, but would never call myself an expert at guard! I think you've definitely got me beat on the history of the activity, as I was only involved starting in 1978, and then sort of drifted away after I retired from teaching in '93.

Absolutely! Whatever you've got, I know I'd love to see it! I'm sure many others would, too. :rolleyes:

meh, i'll post when i can

(takes time and resourses to scan)

i'm a geekette by trade

whimsical in leisure

:smile:

ARGH!!! Just once . . . just ONCE that season I would've appreciated the photographers not leaving me on the cutting room floor. Yep, if it would've panned over 1 more rifle spot to the right . . . that would've been ME!

FYI - The rifle on the extreme left of this photo is Nick Charles who later marched Cavies and then taught at Choctaw for a number of years.

Unless I am mistaken, that pic's of (then) Theresa Seifert whom I marched with in St. Therese Golden Knights D&BC, Southgate, KY, in 1979. Who be you?

Edited by Achilles

• 7 months later...

My dear friend of 30 years passed away December 2008. Fiona and I visited her Mom today. We looked through photo albums, lit candles and sang happy birthday to our beautiful angel. Michelle took this photo of Alberta Girls in 1985 when she was chaperone. She marched 1 year, 1970. She loved drum corps and winter guard...rip dear lady, luv ya

michelle3.jpg