Old WGI Photos

lnavis

OK guard fans. Here is a treat. These photos were discovered a couple of months ago when Christa Ferguson, widow of photog Ed Ferguson, gave me a box of things to rummage through for our reunion.

...(remember it was ticks back then)...

Please thank Christa for me...The rules changed sometime in the 80’s and by 1986 it appears no ticks.

I spent a few hours last Saturday watching a 2010 DVD :tongue: WGI Rules!

wgi-rules1-a.jpg

wgi-rules2-a.jpg

Please thank Christa for me...The rules changed sometime in the 80’s and by 1986 it appears no ticks.

I spent a few hours last Saturday watching a 2010 DVD :tongue: WGI Rules!

wgi-rules1-a.jpg

wgi-rules2-a.jpg

very interesting looking back on the sheets maybe simplicity was best. I know we do alot more now BUT no need to make up BUZZ words for the season which none gets INCLUDING people who decided what the new BUZZ words would be. Sometimes it makes me think do all the big words compared to those older sheets only serve those who need to feel knowledgeable or important....hmmmmm interesting, well to me anyway..lol :tongue:

very interesting looking back on the sheets maybe simplicity was best. I know we do alot more now BUT no need to make up BUZZ words for the season which none gets INCLUDING people who decided what the new BUZZ words would be. Sometimes it makes me think do all the big words compared to those older sheets only serve those who need to feel knowledgeable or important....hmmmmm interesting, well to me anyway..lol :tongue:

The sheets were in transition from tick to build. 5 box criteria was defined in 1986. Words, semantics, jargon of the era, the buzz words as you alude to...winter guard is visual with emotion, hard to find the words to express this wonderful activity. Rank, rate and find the box for the performance at that moment in time. btw I'm not knowledgeable or important, I happened to be in the neighbourhood when WGI was born :tongue:

I watched 8 of 13 hours of a DCE finals livecast today. Wonderful! At this time of night I'm an exhausted elation. I'll let you know though that I liked BK at Indy this year and today liked BK from across the pond with 9D 16H 4P 12G and 1DM? They both performed with passion and talent; they spoke to me. 4 scans from 86 remain, here's 2 for you today :-)