Old WGI Photos

lnavis

OK guard fans, what famous equipment writer marched with PSS? hint: This person has taught multiple world champions

Not sure of the answer but sure someone does. I trust that your reunion went well. I'm viewing my winter guard DVDs at a pace that's me, one guard a week, whenever I'm free...and savouring the moment. Long ago winter guard kept us together in summer, however, winter guard was and is 3 seasons, fall, winter, spring :guinesssmilie:

In case anyone was interested, Greg LaGola of Emerald Marquis, SCV, and Cadets fame marched with Penn State Syndicate.

thanks,i wondered who that designer was. :guinesssmilie:

these photos are great,keep em comin!

you cannot not know your past! :music:

thanks,i wondered who that designer was. :thumbdown:

these photos are great,keep em comin!

you cannot not know your past! :starwars:

Here is another EM photo from 1995.

Enjoy,

95flags.jpg

I'll have a special photo surprise in a day or so.

Dale

Edited by DPEmerald

OK guard fans. Here is a treat. These photos were discovered a couple of months ago when Christa Ferguson, widow of photog Ed Ferguson, gave me a box of things to rummage through for our reunion.

The story goes like this.

At the 1982 New England regional, Holly Hawks came and did a show based on Chick Corea. It was very hard to march to not what Holly was use to looking like for sure. They placed 3rd in prelims (remember it was ticks back then) and VM was so upset that he took the guard home, never went to finals the next day, and folded the guard.

In retrospect they were probably ahead of their time. It was very cool, the ramps and prop (used by Canandaiqua later in the decade) created some cool effects.

Here are some pictures I found of that prelims show, the last Holly competed. They are not great but you can see what it was all about.

Enjoy,

Holly2.jpg

Holly4.jpg

Holly5.jpg

OK guard fans. Here is a treat. These photos were discovered a couple of months ago when Christa Ferguson, widow of photog Ed Ferguson, gave me a box of things to rummage through for our reunion.

At the 1982 New England regional, Holly Hawks came and did a show based on Chick Corea. It was very hard to march to not what Holly was use to looking like for sure. They placed 3rd in prelims (remember it was ticks back then) and VM was so upset that he took the guard home, never went to finals the next day, and folded the guard.

In retrospect they were probably ahead of their time. It was very cool, the ramps and prop (used by Canandaiqua later in the decade) created some cool effects.

Here are some pictures I found of that prelims show, the last Holly competed. They are not great but you can see what it was all about.

Enjoy,

Holly2.jpg

Holly4.jpg

Holly5.jpg

GREAT PIC..I remember the hissy fit well...lol :dontgetit:

hissy fits like that will get you into the "hall of shame fame! :dontgetit:

Edited by dugg

Enjoy,

Holly2.jpg

Holly4.jpg

Holly5.jpg

I have Chick Corea albums. Not sure how to digitize them...um no matter. Thanks Dale! I see 3-D in these photos. Holley Hawks were ahead of their time. Photo below is from Doug Smith; his words 'Taken at Grantham Secondary School in St Catharines in early 1977'. wow...majorly cool and thanks again :-)

1977-holley_hawks.jpg