Crown featured in commercial

Right now YOU are most recently a Cadet. As somebody who doesn't know anyone else who's a Cadet.. and doesn't know any better, you embody everything the Cadets believes in and wants to put out in the world in their uniform.. and right now YOU are coming across as a punk kid with a bad attitude.. so to me (as someone who doesn't know ANY other Cadets), your bad attitude is representative of The Cadets, Boston Crusaders and Spirit.. and if I didn't know anyone else in those organizations, I'd think they were either LOOKING FOR.. or PRODUCING punk kids with bad attitudes.

Stef,

I disagree on this one...no matter what sig a poster has...or what corps they are or have been associated with, they are individual posters, not reflective of any corps. I'd never make a value judgement about a corps based on the posting of individual members. That kind of tie-in makes it obvious why many corps do not like their members posting.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

If you had quoted the whole thing in its context, you would see that I was giving him a supposition. I never said (and WOULDN'T say) that he "represented the Cadets" -- only that if I didn't know any better.. he'd be the only representative of the Cadets I had.. and his behavior didn't reflect well on that or any other organization he listed in his sig.

And you can say all you want that it doesn't matter, Mike.. truth is, public behavior of a corps' members DOES reflect on the corps.. Most corps, themselves, obviously feel that way when they give their members rules of decorum and have expectations of the way they conduct themselves in public.. or tell them they shouldn't be posting on message boards..

It's kind of a world with blinders on to believe otherwise. Not everybody can (or chooses to) separate the kid from the corps he lists in his posts -- even with disclaimers.

We will definitely have to agree to disagree on this.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

I merely asked you a question. I never called you anything. Reading comprehension, 101.

Really?

I seem to recall you posting the following...

So, are you a troll, an idiot, or jealous? Or all of the above?

Crown gets some TV face time AND gets paid for it. That is a good thing.

I think we all need to step back here a minute. The kid has apologized publicly. Draw a line under this and call it an error in judgement. Let it go.

Mike,

If you had quoted the whole thing in its context, you would see that I was giving him a supposition. I never said (and WOULDN'T say) that he "represented the Cadets" -- only that if I didn't know any better.. he'd be the only representative of the Cadets I had.. and his behavior didn't reflect well on that or any other organization he listed in his sig.

Ah! I don't know why, bvut I failed to connect your "Let's pretend" to that paragraph, even wioth the "...". My bad.

And you can say all you want that it doesn't matter, Mike.. truth is, public behavior of a corps' members DOES reflect on the corps.. Most corps, themselves, obviously feel that way when they give their members rules of decorum and have expectations of the way they conduct themselves in public.. or tell them they shouldn't be posting on message boards..

I don't disagree...that's why I am in favor of what corps admins do. I don't think people SHOULD attach such baggage to one poster, but I agree that some DO.

Crown borg. <**> <**> <**>

You show your own maturity or lack thereof.

Just to clarify..a borg would be a blind follower of a corps who believes that said corps can do no wrong or is perfect. :unsure:

This guy would qualify as a "crown hater" not a "crown borg" :lol:

Edited by tubamann

do you thinks his feelings a because he was a member of two drumcorps that CC has consitantly beaten since he was a member of either corps?? I am not inferring anything but it makes you go Hmmm... :sshh:

I think it's really a moot point since he seems to have recognized his lapse in judgement, apologized sincerely and removed his offensive comments..

Sounds like the guy has his stuff straight now.

Stef

PS..do you thinks his feelings a because he was a member of two drumcorps that CC has consitantly beaten since he was a member of either corps?? I am not inferring anything but it makes you go Hmmm... :sshh:

A lot of corps have beaten my corps back in the day, but I don't "hate" them. Hate is such a strong word to use in the first place. I find this activity more of an educational value than try to look at it more as a competitive sport, even though it is both.

Like Stef has said, I did appologize and I removed any comments I had made in this thread through my own will. So lets just leave at that and get back to the topic.

A lot of corps have beaten my corps back in the day, but I don't "hate" them. Hate is such a strong word to use in the first place. I find this activity more of an educational value than try to look at it more as a competitive sport, even though it is both.

Like Stef has said, I did appologize and I removed any comments I had made in this thread through my own will. So lets just leave at that and get back to the topic.

Very Well..no blood, no foul :)

PS..do you thinks his feelings a because he was a member of two drumcorps that CC has consitantly beaten since he was a member of either corps?? I am not inferring anything but it makes you go Hmmm... :sshh:

No, because people involved with most corps don't have anything remotely resembling that perspective on drum corps, luckily.

Mike, I agree with you, for what that's worth.

Video...I don't know. Kind of prompted some confusion and I'm not too sure about what actual benefits this has for the corps in regards to publicity, but I guess it's cool that they were chosen to be on the commercial.

No, because people involved with most corps don't have anything remotely resembling that perspective on drum corps, luckily.

Mike, I agree with you, for what that's worth.

Video...I don't know. Kind of prompted some confusion and I'm not too sure about what actual benefits this has for the corps in regards to publicity, but I guess it's cool that they were chosen to be on the commercial.

I would venture to say that the bottom line was the $$. This time of year ANY corps could use extra revenue!

It can't hurt that people may see the CC out in public and say "hey..I saw that on TV!"

It could be said that, as the NC Lottery supports public k-12 education, (at least theoretically :sshh: ) and that CC benifits from said education, (indirectly, but to be sure) that CC manangment would agree to assist with the making of the commerical on principle?($$ nonwithstanding). Something to think about.

Edited by tubamann