Star 93

The moral: just because someone does not like Star '93 does not make them some kind of cretin.

Well it does in my eyes ^0^ now I am going to round up all these people and force Star '93 down their throats until they love and worship it, who's with me!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously he does not enjoy it, however :)

I freely admit, I didn't always enjoy what we played in Regiment. For example, was not fond of Organ Symphony and Malambo in '79. I played it however. I can't recall the name of the piece in '78 just before concert. I REALLY disliked that!.

Rocketman - equal opportunity disliker

ampssuck

Well it does in my eyes ^0^ now I am going to round up all these people and force Star '93 down their throats until they love and worship it, who's with me!

:P

I freely admit, I didn't always enjoy what we played in Regiment. For example, was not fond of Organ Symphony and Malambo in '79. I played it however. I can't recall the name of the piece in '78 just before concert. I REALLY disliked that!

Here's your '78 repertoire as listed on corpsreps.com; any of those names in the middle ring a bell? "Firebird Suite," "Rite of Spring," "Petrouchka," "Dance Infernale," "Sherzo A La Russe," "Piano Concerto in A minor," "Flight of the Bumblebee" and "Ninth Symphony (Ode to Joy)."

THAT'S IT! As they said on "In Living Color" Hated It!

Rocketman - :huh:

ampssuck

Well see if I ever stick up for you again... :P

The music is wonderful, I guess some people just don't enjoy sophisticated literature.

This is something people say when they really mean "my taste in music is better than yours."

reminds me of the Jim Wren quote (fromr 78, I think) that Phantom was playing "champagne music to a beer crowd."

Also reminds me of when I was in high school and people would say things like "Rush is a really intelligent band." Of all the adjectives one could use to describe a rock band, "intelligent" seems like the least appropriate. Similarly, it seems pretty silly to label music as "sophisticated" or "unsophisticated." It is what it is. Why be pretentious about it?

You can bring a horse to water, but he'll drown before he drinks a #### drop. Or something like that.

I love this show. It's one of my favorite all-time shows. I just love the dark sound, unlike any other corps I've ever heard. I just listened to it again and can't wait to hear Medea this week when Blast! comes to town. Star left just as I got into drum corps so I don't know as much as I would like about them. I did get to see them in Oklahoma City in 1993 and really enjoyed it.