Star 93

I just saw the star 93 video, and I have to say that that group is one of the most mature sounding and musical drum corps I have heard. They don't sound like they're on bugles on that video. Gorgeous sound... sounds like a brass choir, not 64 brass players tryign to play as loud as they can.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the star 93 video, and I have to say that that group is one of the most mature sounding and musical drum corps I have heard. They don't sound like they're on bugles on that video. Gorgeous sound... sounds like a brass choir, not 64 brass players trying to play as loud as they can.

:wub::blink::wall::beer::beer::blink:

Thats why that show was so amazing. I love all the things they did with the dynamics.

That is my favorite show of all time. It is the most beautiful sound that has ever been produced on a football field. They revolutionized drum corps and made it into what it is today. What they accomplished 13 years ago has yet to be accomplished since. It is such an amazing show and that whole corps will always be my heroes. They played more musically than any hornline ever will. Their style of notes is unmatched, perfect articullations and releases. It is the pinnacle of all shows and I just hope one day I will be able to perform a show half as well as they did. . :beer::blink::blink::wall:

90-93, of the most amazing seasons....

One of the factors that may have contributed to their amazingness was the Indiana University's Ray Cramer worked with them during that time. If anyone does not know who Ray Cramer is, look him up. He's up in the ranks with the great collegiate/band/wind ensemble conductors... I'd say he's up there with Fred Fennell, Franke Wickes, Anthony Maiello, and H. Bob Reynolds.

That's what good tone portrayed as one will sound like :) , also keep in mind how clean they were all around the board, it wasn't just their hornline that was godly.

edit:tense screwup :sshh:

Edited by aatlb25

I liked it b/c they had the most powerful hornline in DCI at the time, and they really only let them reach their maximum dynamic potential a few times throughout the show....

Yes, I thought this show was written PERFECTLY!!!