I need advice!

Hey! I would greatly appreciate some advice, any input would help!!

I'm making a CD for a friend's birthday. He's a very talented vocalist and stage actor, and completely into theater, but knows nothing about this crazy thing that I obsess over, called drum corps. I thought a good way to expose him to drum corps is give him a CD or two of stuff he actually wouldn't mind listening to.

What are the best shows that are based off of the scores from musicals?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV's Phantom of the Opera: 1988 AND 1989.

Nuff said

Well yah. 'Nuff said is right. I figure I should include what I already had in mind. I was thinking 1991 Vanguard (Miss Saigon), 1988 Sky Ryders (Sound of Music, has anyone else done this?), 1999 Crown (Jekyll and Hyde), and 1999 Madison (Jesus Christ Superstar) because he's performed in productions of each of those musicals. And then there's the obvious choices, such as 1989 Vanguard (Phantom) and 1989 Cadets (Les Miserables).

Is there anything that I'm missing?

My advice would be to not do this. He'll probably listen to the way that corps ruin the pieces by chopping them up and playing out of tune and he'll want to puke. However, if you still want to do this, I would choose the phantom of the opera scv show, or the west side story cadets shows. Those are the only ones worth listening to. Trust me.

Once again, you said you were very new to the activity in defense of comments made... Now you have two of the classic shows which are the only ones worth listening to? I understand it's an opinion, but I consider a statement like that to be very rude and "ignorant". I quoted that because I have no idea how ignorant you are to the activity like you said.

Spirit 05

Madison 99

Cadets 89

Cadets 92

SCV 89

SCV 92

SCV 91

Dutch Boy 91

Raiders 05

Capital Sound 00

Capital Sound 05

Colts 94 (parts from Porgy and Bess)

You could also include one of the Madison City of Angels shows (91 or 92).

My personal must-haves would be SCV 88, SCV 91, SCV 92, Sky 88, Cadets 84, Cadets 89, and one of the Madison shows.