SCV 2004

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd seems just right IMO. For some odd reason, this show has grown off of me the more I listen to it. Not downplaying it by any means, as it's obviously a phenomenal show. There was just a time when I absolutely loved it.

I agree that the Cadets had a great, underrated show. They had some really neat ideas, especially with bouree. But I still think SCV had a better overall show.

Agreed, 27thLancer. The Cadets brassline should have been 2nd or 3rd, and the guard was INCREDIBLE, especially the rifle line. That show grew on me a lot after the summer.

3rd seemed just right.

Yeah, while I thought this show was fabulous: (Great concept, strong hornline, clean drums, excellent guardwork, etc) execution-wise, the corps above them had 'em beat. Although I'm willing to argue that for a show, SCV should've had BD beat. (Grumbles under his breath about BD's sound effect show)

SCV placed where they should have in 2004. The only reason they beat Cadets was due to their drumline, I believe.

SCV's drill was dirty, and their horns didn't have their best night on Finals night. Nonetheless, SCV 2004 is my second favorite SCV show of all time (right behind 1987)!