Show Idea

:feednotroll:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We almost did that in '85 (unintentionally). We did a show in Canada and someone forgot to mention the 55 yd line. There was a ten yard gap throughout the whole show with the few people who were trying to split the intervals leaping from spot to spot. Pretty funny video to watch.

HAHAHAHAHA I REALLY want to see this!

pot...kettle...black?

Actually sounds kind of interesting. I have seen marching band performances where they have done something similar to this, without the curtain down the middle. If performed well, it could be kind of cool.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I think you could take it step further, though, and forget about the dividing line. Everyone who's watched that Cavliers, the Blue Devils, the Blue Knights, Phantom, etcetera knows that different drills have different personalities. Why not put two different personalities on the field and let them interact? Could make for some really cool moments when the drill finally comes together, too.

^0^ Been thinkin bout this recently!

We are doing Handel's Solomon this semester in choir. It is written for two choirs - left & right. Early stereo! It has some lines that would be wonderful for corps. Most of the time it uses either echo or round effects. It would be effective with the drill having the same echo or round effect if the corps was large enough.

• 3 months later...

On a related note, Star of Indiana 1991 does some cool, stereo-split, call and response stuff in their pit. It's most obvious if you listen to the show on headphones.

I'm sure there are other shows that have done this, but this is the one I'm aware of.

yeah, you know... those things that high school kids are in, and most kids love to be in.

Most?

Most kids who are in it, or most kids? Because it's definitely not "most kids." If it were, we'd have football games during intermission instead of marching band performances during halftime.