1976- Canada/NY

Any of you out there remember any shows that had Royal Coachmen, Seneca Optimists, Oakland Crusaders, Flying Dutchmen, Cardinals of Precious Blood, etc. We did a few shows with those corps....any remembrances?

Any of you out there remember any shows that had Royal Coachmen, Seneca Optimists, Oakland Crusaders, Flying Dutchmen, Cardinals of Precious Blood, etc. We did a few shows with those corps....any remembrances?

I remember those shows when I was in the Dutch Boy Cadets from 1969-76 and then Northstars '77-78 !!!

The talent in these corps was fantastic !!!!

If only we could have harnested all the really great corps members and had one big super corps, OH the possibilities !! b**bs

Edited by ODBC

I remember a show in Bowling Green Ohio, BGSU stadium with several Canadian and Pennsylvania corps (75?). It was a day time show because BSSU stadium didn't have lights at the time. It was after the annual Firsmans convention parade my HS band always marched in every summer, always one of the longest. Half the band went home, and half went to the show.

Crusaders, Vagabons, Flying Dutchman (and/or Dutchboy Cadets?), can't remember the rest. Great show!!!

Edited by shawn craig

I remember a show somewhere near Toronto with Oakland, Seneca, Flying Dutchmen, Cardinals, Krescendos...we had the best time that year.

London, Ontario we arrived late, warmed up and took top horns over Flying Dutcmen and took second place I believe. I remember these two cute girls from Cardinals wanting to know who the soloist was so our bell player introduced them to me. One girl was a red head, the other a brunette and every show after that they came looking for me. Wish I knew their names! Our corps was having problems with the police shutting down rehearsals due to complaints so we practiced at the Tonawanda News building right before leaving for that weekend in Canada. Ron Bowks and Joe Kraft came over from Greece cadets to work with us. It was nice hearing some fellow NYers say how bad they felt after we were "shot down" at a show in Rochester a few weeks before, that we should've done very well.

Birchmount Stadium... it had one bugger of a hill leading down towards the field.... try doing that with a tymp stapped to you!!! Hey Rob, Sam keeping you up... your spelling is usually better than that!!! b**bs

Birchmount Stadium... it had one bugger of a hill leading down towards the field.... try doing that with a tymp stapped to you!!! Hey Rob, Sam keeping you up... your spelling is usually better than that!!! b**bs

Birchmount Stadium.....dang hill!!!!!!!!

Nationals, 1977, we were going to the field and running a bit late, so I was going faster than normal and tripped, have you ever seen an OLDS contra with a three inch bell opening ?? (should 20(?) inches in diameter)

I grabbed a set of tenor drum sticks and had that sucker back in shape in 4 minutes !!! You could still the ripples in it but I was proud of myself !!

Susie, Samantha my darling daughter of one year, on Good Friday, has been sleeping through the night for the last 9 months !!!!

As for my spelling, it comes from my flying fingers going faster than my brain. B)

Edited by ODBC

Yes I remember that!!

Here is a link to that stadium and you can see just how high that hill was in the background with the buildings jutting up behind the back field stands

http://www.bluesaints.com/gallery/view_pho...987&id=SAVE0269

Edited by ripper

Here is a link to that stadium and you can see just how high that hill was in the background with the buildings jutting up behind the back field stands

http://www.bluesaints.com/gallery/view_pho...987&id=SAVE0269

That is it!!! Except, we played to the other side I believe.