Drum Corps' Chemistry

A rare experience, at least for our corps, has come about within the last few weeks. The Erie Thunderbirds have for years been blessed with a great arranger/instructor/soloist in Jeff Gibbens. Most recently we have procurred the services of Mr. Donny Allen (DA as he is known affectionatly). Talk about the DUO from ####. What one set of ears and eyes doesn't hear or see the other does. Perfect compliments with the same interpratation (spl.)

of the music but each with a uniquely different teaching style that for some reason seems to bring out the best in all of us.

Have you ever had this experience. Just curious.

Never.

Never.

Did I mention "Visual Enhancement"? b**bs Thank you so much DA. There's a new excitment in town :sshh:

A rare experience, at least for our corps, has come about within the last few weeks. The Erie Thunderbirds have for years been blessed with a great arranger/instructor/soloist in Jeff Gibbens. Most recently we have procurred the services of Mr. Donny Allen (DA as he is known affectionatly). Talk about the DUO from ####. What one set of ears and eyes doesn't hear or see the other does. Perfect compliments with the same interpratation (spl.)

of the music but each with a uniquely different teaching style that for some reason seems to bring out the best in all of us.

Have you ever had this experience. Just curious.

1986 and 87. Steel City Ambassadors

Walt Street and Larry Tinnerman.

The best in technical and visual music every way you put it. I have played with several great horn lines but few better than that one.

I would also like to thank Donnie, there is electricity in the Erie Thunderbirds. :P...AND a Huge Smile on Jeff Gibbens face :)

Like Gene said, Jeff is a great instructor and arranger, and we are lucky to have him, also I might add a great and special friend of mine, but...Donnie is the icing on the cake. I actually got GOOSEBUMPS at rehersal. :tic: How COOL is that? B) The Third Sops ROCK!

A rare experience, at least for our corps, has come about within the last few weeks. The Erie Thunderbirds have for years been blessed with a great arranger/instructor/soloist in Jeff Gibbens. Most recently we have procurred the services of Mr. Donny Allen (DA as he is known affectionatly). Talk about the DUO from ####. What one set of ears and eyes doesn't hear or see the other does.

I've enjoyed both Donny and Jeff in my set of ears, and I've had DA in my ear...face, too.

Cozy...LOL

This is ALUMNI, not competitive corps. My tolerance level is "slightly" lower when working the horn line. It is fun and the group is really quite good. My intensity is not as you remember it I am sure.

The words in compliment I received all weekend was from a couple of former ES guys from the early 90's that are playing with the T Birds. Troy and Greg Weiss handed me some sunglasses and said..."here, you might be needing these"...LOL. I think you remember what that means. They also said they havent had a good DA cleaning in about 10 years. That is why I still do this.

The T birds will sound good in H 'Burg. I will guarantee that much!

I appreciate the opportunity to be around you guys. Especially doing drill next to Nick!!

Donny

1986 and 87. Steel City Ambassadors

Walt Street and Larry Tinnerman.

The best in technical and visual music every way you put it. I have played with several great horn lines but few better than that one.

How could you forget Steve Cooley arranging and teching along with Walt and Larry! The three together on any given rehearsal day was simply amazing, and a hype for the line.

It was the best of times - in our time.

Played along side Gibbens, and have heard so much about DA that I have to believe that the two together has to be something incredible and inspiring for the 'birds!

Best of Luck this year Erie!

RIP, Deedad's!

How could you forget Steve Cooley arranging and teching along with Walt and Larry! The three together on any given rehearsal day was simply amazing, and a hype for the line.

It was the best of times - in our time.

I cold never forget :tic::tic::tic: Steve Cooley! :tic::tic::tic:

Cozy...LOL

This is ALUMNI, not competitive corps. My tolerance level is "slightly" lower when working the horn line. It is fun and the group is really quite good. My intensity is not as you remember it I am sure.

The words in compliment I received all weekend was from a couple of former ES guys from the early 90's that are playing with the T Birds. Troy and Greg Weiss handed me some sunglasses and said..."here, you might be needing these"...LOL. I think you remember what that means. They also said they havent had a good DA cleaning in about 10 years. That is why I still do this.

The T birds will sound good in H 'Burg. I will guarantee that much!

I appreciate the opportunity to be around you guys. Especially doing drill next to Nick!!

Donny

Least we forget. "Drill" is short for..................."VISUAL ENHANCEMENT".......Right DA? b**bs b**bs (#### I kill me.....)