Electronics

I need to ask my wife, who is a string player, about the pros and cons of stringed instruments in an outdoor setting. Not so much from a sound standpoint as from how well string instruments handle outdoor conditions. I know she wasn't happy about your band using a string bass outdoors in the fall/winter. :P

Actually, we ended up switching to an electric after the first few shows...make sure you tell her! :P

As for permitting them at all...IMO why not leave it up to a corps design team to use them or not, as THEY choose.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know, two of the things I hate most on the football field are props/tarps and dance, yet I somehow managed to march in two corps that utilized one, the other, or both. :(

We used a tarp this past year in our Chost Train show. I liked it, myself. Our visual desinger used it just enough to get visual value without getting into overkill.

We've used all sorts of props over the years, from huge to small. They can work if used well, IMO.

Actually, we ended up switching to an electric after the first few shows...make sure you tell her! :P

As for permitting them at all...IMO why not leave it up to a corps design team to use them or not, as THEY choose.

hey i got an idea...lets tell the pitcher he can throw a football to batters to hit.

What electronic instruments have been added recently?

amps and mics

Did people suddenly run out of ideas and now electronics and additional instruments are the only way people can have new ideas?

That IS what a lot of people believe. Not saying that I agree. But, a LOT of people think that the activity has pushed itself to it's limit with what it can do from a creative standpoint with the equipment it already has.

Edited by torn8o